“Delicious, creative dishes, great service”

Mesa Verde Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 570 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Description: MesaVerde is a vegetarian/vegan restaurant that focuses not just on plants, but also the endless alchemy of fruits, vegetables, seeds, grains, nuts, herbs, spices and sauces that make food stand out in the cuisines of Spain, Sicily, North Africa and the Middle East. We only use organic produce from Santa Barbara's superb farmers market in order to bring you simple plant-based goodness.
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We sat outside and ordered a delicious lunch. The dishes were creative and very attractive. The taste was distinctive and delicious.

I was skeptical that the service would be as good as some of the other reviews implied. But I must say, the service was friendly and very speedy. I was amazed!

The desserts were delicious too, but pricey--they cost the same as the entrees. But on the other hand, the desserts were as creative as the entrees.

Ihf you are visiting Santa Barbara, don't miss this restaurant!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Seriously, in town for two days and ate here twice, once dinner, once lunch. The food was creative and delicious, the staff were engaging and the restaurant decor was friendly. It is off the beaten tourist path, but if you are vegetarian or vegan, worth your drive.

We had the polenta fries (twice!!) the mushroom umami burger, and the patatas bravas tacos. I thought the Mushroom burger was the best of the dishes, but all were excellent. I got the house made lemonaid, which was tart for me, but perfect once some of the ice melted. The staff recognized us the second time, and comped us a dessert, which was really sweet of them. The dessert was also delicious.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

The best veggie food I had while in California! The food was tasty and interesting flavors and good portions.
I would go everyday!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

The food and service is impecable!!!! Dishes are succulent- great variety of vegetarian delights !!!!!!! A must to experience in Santa Barbara. !!!!!!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I have no words for this restaurant. They had the best service I have ever experienced in the US and done of the most innovative and healthy options for vegetarian and vegan customers. None of their dishes have meat, and only two of their dishes have cheese. There are also many gluten free options, both in food, and in desserts. The people there looked like they loved their jobs. Our server, Sarah, was so positive, energetic, and suggested us the best dishes on the menu. My personal favorite was the Summer pasta,especially the macadamia ricotta that came with the dish. Their glutenfree pizza and vegan chocolate ganache (comes with gluten free chocolate cake) are also worth trying.

If you are in Santa Barbara, I would definitely recommend you to make time to go here.