All reviewshomemade granolawine and cheesecookiessusan's loftrose roompartridgebed and breakfastabigail roomstate streetb bsother guestsevery afternoonhome away from homebaked goodsbreakfast was deliciousgreat recommendationstea and coffee
Reviewed 1 April 2018

We've stayed in many B&Bs in the USA and this is the first time we've been disappointed. Whilst the staff were delightful, and the price was good, we think this property - at least our room - was shabby, rather than shabby chic. The bathroom was VERY old fashioned. We couldn't use the bath, as there is a drought in the area, but would have been reluctant anyway as the enamel appeared to be peeling. There seemed to be a leak in the shower pipe. It was also impossible to darken the room fully at night. Light in the external stairwell always on, and door fitted poorly. Great cakes in the afternoon. Wine in the evening (but why on earth do they serve Austrian wine in California?) Nice breakfasts ( all meat free - but that was fine)

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

The room was pleasantly beautiful and extremely clean with wonderful comfortable bed. It was nice to have a private kitchenette where we had our delicious breakfast delivered to the room. The property was quaint. Annette and Jeanette were wonderful in accommodating our needs. Definitely will come back to stay in other room in the property.

Room Tip: Country suite is a large room, behind the main building. It was nice and quite away from the street
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 21 March 2018

Like most B&B's, this is a converted house with a second structure on the property providing additional rooms. Mine was apparently a converted loft over the garage.

Funky means a bath tub right in the room itself (there was a bath curtain one could draw) and the toilet was literally in a water closet tucked in under the angle of the roof such that if you were standing to pee you had to tilt to one side in order to not bonk your head.

But the living room and dining room of the main house had been converted into parlors. Afternoon tea is served, I made it in time for the wine and snacks, including home-made cakes and cookies, later. Breakfast is served at your table in the morning, offering a mix of pancakes, yogurt, granola, juice, coffee.

The staff is pleasant and accommodating and I enjoyed the random mix of conversations in the parlor over wine & snacks; my companions for the evening included a couple traveling from the UK and a horsewoman from upstate New York.

I might have usually found the bed a bit on the soft side; in this instance I was so tired that I didn't care. The room is snug but large enough for my purposes (traveling solo, queen bed) and there was a nice little balcony porch sporting table and chairs and with a view of the Santa Barbara hills. A very good value I thought.

Room Tip: Next time I'd ask for a first-floor room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2018

The Bath Street Inn embodies old Southern California, perfect for folks who appreciate great B&B's. The staff provided attentive service, the breakfast and evening snacks were delicious and the room was clean, comfortable and welcoming. The State Street restaurants are only a 15 minute walk through the pleasant foot-friendly neighborhood. A morning stroll to the nearby public gardens, parks and Santa Barbara Mission is a perfect way to start the day.

Room Tip: I don't believe there's a bad room at the Inn
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

This is a charming bed & breakfast. The staff is super sweet! My daughter had a conference close by so I decided to join her for an extra couple of days. We love the vibe in this quaint place. The breakfast is very good! One morning quiche, one morning sweet bread, one morning French toast. They made me scrambled eggs because I don’t do bread. They have fresh fruit, granola too. At tea there is a selection of desserts, and in the evening wine & cheese.
The bed was not super comfortable but not awful. It could use more blankets. Walls are thin so you can hear traffic & car alarm chirps in the morning & preparation in the dining room pretty early. Not everything is tip top shape but it’s still charming!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family