“Lovely clean oasis”

Lilac Patisserie
Ranked #1 of 15 Bakeries in Santa Barbara
Price range: US$12 - US$16
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

Lovely place, friendly service and really gorgeous food. I only had a granola but it had the most beautiful fresh raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. Would definitely come back!

Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

Seriously, the best thing that has happened to State Street. If you are gluten free you MUST stop by this fabulous patisserie. I can't say enough about it except they should open one in Pasadena CA, so I can stay in my gluten free coma.

This is crazy good.

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

Was looking for a gluten free vegetarian breakfast. Had the vegetable quiche with fennel grapefruit salad and a cappuccino. Atmosphere was quiet and laid back. During the visit watched three cakes being decorated.

Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

This shop is dedicated to making all their goods gluten free.

As a person who has gluten allergies it is hard to find anywhere that offers a good selection of gluten free treats, so when I came upon this place I was flabbergasted. I could not believe what a treasure I had come across.

It's located on busy State Street but there is a large parking lot behind it.

I couldn't resist and ordered the coconut cake, apple pie and peanut butter cookies. The cake was big enough to share and very flavorful. The apple pie was a bit tart for my liking but it was also good. I loved, loved, loved the peanut butter cookies and I purchase orange scones to have with coffee at home. They to were delicious.

The place is very chic and airy, a very pleasant place to relax after a day of sightseeing or just to have a cup of coffee and a pastry.

Can't wait to be back in the are to make a stop here.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Mom is in need of gluten-free food. And, for Mother's Day, we had hoped to treat her to something really great. Success! This Lilac Patisserie has the downtown market cornered. This was such a hit, it probably helped her to forget past blunders. She got to take home a loaf of her favorite bread, before someone else bought the last one. Try the breakfast sandwich; yum!