“Excellent service and menu”

Jack O'Neill Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve a table
Thu, 17/06
20:00
Ranked #36 of 368 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$5 - US$65
Description: Enjoy in Santa Cruz surfside dining, craft cocktails, and live music at Jack O'Neill Restaurant and Lounge.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first time going to dinner since the shutdown, 14 months ago. Taking off masks indoors? That's going to take some getting used to. But I digress.

We could not have picked a better place to break the fast. Our server, Camlin, was perfect. Warm, smart and stunningly accommodating, as was the kitchen. We ordered off the menu to great effect. They created fish tacos from the catch of the day, salmon. Oh my hat, they were so good. And the bar! The bartender, whose name I sadly did not get, is a true mixologist, blending a local distillery's tequila with such expertise and grace in a drink called The Sea Odyssey. I had two.

We live in Santa Cruz, and will return to Jack's again and again. The vibe and quality of staff make this a perfect and delightful evening.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (55)

Reviewed 29 April 2021 via mobile

This was our first visit to Jack O’Neill’s and we were not disappointed! Three of us were celebrating my sister’s birthday on April 17th with a drive from the Bay Area to have lunch by the ocean.

The view from our table was wonderful and they did a good job following the CDC guidelines. Two of us ordered the Crab Benedict. The crab cakes were awesome! My other sister ordered the Seafood Cataplana and said it was the best she’s ever had.

What made our great lunch perfect was our server Danielle. She was friendly, knowledgeable and had the customer service skills that it’s hard to find any more.

Danielle was so helpful and gave me information on the Dream Inn when I told her I have wanted to stay there since I moved to California 30 years ago. I plan to take my husband there for our anniversary in August.

I am anxious to go back to Jack O’Neill’s and I’m going to make sure Danielle will be there! I have to add that the hostesses and bartender were extremely nice as well. Kudos to the management team!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

Went here in search of a meal last minute, but starving. It was late and chilly, but our hostess that greeted us was THE BEST! Estefania A. was super friendly, helpful and great at what she does. Our server was also great, didn’t get her name, but the service was all together exemplary. We ordered the Leavened Bread, Beet and Goat Cheese Salad, and the burger. All were very good, and presented well. Would definitely eat here again!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 29 November 2020

Dinner and lunch were exemplary! We stay at the Dream Inn on the regular, this is the 1st time we didn’t leave property for a meal! My GF and I wanted to try everything on the menu during our visit, even the pool menu, lol. The chips and dip on the pool side to the scallops with local vegetables for dinner, both fresh and creative. Even the burger had a top chefs touch. Not your typical stale bun but instead a bun that is made fresh daily with chefs own recipe. The servers were very knowledgeable and friendly. I can’t wait to see what else the chef can create!!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 10 November 2020 via mobile

The restaurant is currently offering some very nice outdoor seating - with a lot of distance between tables during COVID-19

The service was very friendly and attentive!

The brunch menu offered some good choices. The prices are also very reasonable: )

The Smoked Salmon Salad was excellent and only $15. The salad ingredients were very fresh, full of flavors, and excellent. The smoked salmon portion was larger and delicious! The dressing worked well and complimented the salad’s ingredients.

I very much enjoyed my lunch! The salad was filling and a perfect lunch portion. Recommended!

Date of visit: November 2020