“Breakfast on the beach”
Review of Ideal Bar & Grill

Ideal Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Ideal Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 395 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Well located on the beach and breakfast was tasty. Worth a try for lunch watching the world go by. Eggs benedict was substantial and tasty

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

I ate there by myself. The hostess seated me at the bar which was fine because the view is great but the guy working the bar was rude to the hostess and disregarded the customers.

It wasn't busy so it was frustrating. I ordered a steak that came out over cooked and nasty but I was afraid to even say anything. I just paid and left, didn't even ask for salt and pepper. Didn't want to irritate the bartender.

I'll go back but will probably sit at a table.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

In a great position right at the end of the wharf with great views and a lovely outside area. prices are relatively high because its a prime tourist area but its good food and drink . watch out for the pigeons and seagulls which are a nuisance and not helped by the likes of the dumbo who, despite notices, sat at the table next to us and threw food onto the boardwalk so she could take pictures!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Indoor dining is ok but outdoor patio dining is fabulous. Menu is huge, snacks e.g calamari to steak dinners. Good food, especially salads, Drinks are good with specials even better. Parking can be a problem.

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

The restaurant offers some great views overlooking the beach but I was disappointed in the food. I ate the salmon, which was over cooked and dry, largely due to it being a cheaper tail cut rather than a thicker center cut. When I go to a restaurant for seafood - especially salmon - I really expect it to be moist and cooked better than I can make it at home. Unfortunately this one didn’t live up to that expectation.