Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$210
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$153
QualityInn
Beach Street Inn and Suites(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$329
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$197
Babbling Brook Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$223
US$206
Aqua Breeze Inn(Santa Cruz)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$208
US$202
Bay Front Inn(Santa Cruz)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$166
US$154
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$109
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$199
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$455
US$439
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2013

stayed here for one week trip to santa Cruz. It's like going back in time with all the modern comforts...good wifi, hot water, great water pressure and really affordable weekly rates. There are two remarkable things about this place: the location and the people. You are right downtown and can walk to everything. The people here were fantastic. We made friends I know we will keep in touch with. Thanks Hinds House! Wish there were places like this in every town.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private bathrooms. Ours had a bathroom across the hall...very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Doug D
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We were put out of our house for a week while having new floors installed in our home. Looked into local hotels but decided on the Hinds House for their great weekly rates, full kitchen and their downtown location. We don't live in the city center so being able to walk to everything was a welcome change. Our room was beautiful and comfortable and the kitchen and laundry meant we didn't have to eat out or go to a Laundromat. The place is spotless. The management here cares about this historic place and they keep it up so beautifully. The place is way cleaner than my house. We had one of the more affordable rooms with a bathroom across the hall. The maids cleaned the bathroom every day Again, cleaner then mine at home. The Hinds House is our new spot when out of town relative come to stay. Great place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PacificAve
Reviewed 10 September 2010

What a cool concept. Beautiful house, beautiful rooms, bathroom to spend all day in. This extended stay sort of combo between a hotel and B & B is perfect for vacation or business. Fully equipped kitchen for the guests, lovely dining room, comfortable living room with piano, TV room and wi-fi everywhere in the house. What else could you ask for? Furnishing and decor is without reproach (who owns this place any way?). Cleaning is done when and how I don't know because I never see housekeeping, yet everything is perfect! Between $70 and $100 per night minimum 7 day stay. Some rooms have private huge bathroom with claw foot comfy luxurious tub with deck out to terrace.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank AmericaninMargarita
Reviewed 17 October 2009

I had originally booked the Adobe on Green Street B&B because of the really great reviews on TripAdvisor, not to mention I love Santa Cruz! I was quite excited to get an accommodation (on previous occasions they were booked solid) for a night during Labor Day Weekend.

A few days before leaving, I received a note from the owner of Adobe that he had accidentally over-booked the room at Adobe, however, as a kind gesture, offered me a room here at Hinds House for two nights, FREE. Yes, I was disappointed at the cancellation at Adobe (wanted to take the g/f for a special weekend), but since other plans were in place, I took up the offer to stay at Hinds House for one night.

The Hinds House, I believe is more suited to long term stays (weekly/monthly). It seems like a place visiting professors would stay. It is an elegantly appointed Victorian home 3 blocks from downtown Santa Cruz. It is in a very quiet location. There are 3 levels, I believe, some rooms with private bathrooms and some without. We stayed on the 2nd level, and, had to walk up to the third floor to use the bathroom. I couldn't care less about this, but often times, women do! Comfortable robes were included in the room, which allows for a comfortable transition from the shower to the bedroom.

There is a kitchen inside the house, beautiful rooms in which to sit and read a book. An old antique piano adds to the decor.

Yes, the beds here are amazing. Definitely not cheap beds!

In the rooms, there are small sinks for washing or getting a drink of water. Also, there is a very well organized binder with a significant amount of tourist information including where to eat, parks, etc. Very useful. I used the free wi-fi in the house to get additional information on things to do in Santa Cruz. There is a computer downstairs for those who are traveling w/o a wi-fi card (complimentary). Very cool.

It was a very fun, memorable experience staying in this historical home in Santa Cruz.

The gentlemen that runs the Hinds House also runs Adobe. Although I have yet to stay at Adobe, both places are obviously managed VERY well. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend either place as options in Santa Cruz. I am definitely looking forward to staying at Adobe next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank voodoo-d
Reviewed 16 May 2008

This is a fantastic deal if you need to be in Santa Cruz for a week or more. They don't take reservations for a night or two. The location is perfect. I didn't have a car and all of the wonders of downtown were three blocks away. Day or night I could safely walk to everything I needed in a couple minutes. The house itself is so beautiful, I had to pinch myself each time I walked home. Could this beautiful Victorian mansion really be where I'm staying? The other guests were friendly, several from Europe. There is a fully stocked common kitchen which saved me from eating at restaurants all the time. This place is so well organized and well kept. I never saw one thing out of place. The rooms are unique and varied: from very inexpensive with bathrooms in the hall to more expensive with bathroom in the room. Common bathrooms were cleaned every day and well equipped. Even the more expensive rooms are far less than typical hotel prices. There is free wifi. I've since looked for a place like this in other towns, but they just don't exist. For now the Hinds House is a welcome anomaly. I hope it lives on forever.

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank beforeafter