“A home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Santa Cruz
Hinds Victorian Guest House
Reviewed 2 November 2016

I am staying at Hinds House while my new place is being ready to move into. It has been two weeks so far and I love it. The setup is like a Bed and Breakfast, except you do the cooking. There is an spacious kitchen with everything you can possible need to. You only need to buy your groceries. Lots of common rooms; but still with the ability to have your own privacy. My bedroom (#1) is just wonderful; love the tub, and the balcony where I sit to read. I feel like a royal, living in this wonderful antique Victorian House. I feel so relax and peaceful.
Please note, this is a Victorian House with its antique furniture and rooms alike. Don't expect a New Wave house.
I was struggling trying to find a temporary place to stay, one that is safe and clean. The Hinds House has giving me a wonderful peace of mind. I will come back to this home any time I want a stay-vacation.
I will highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room 1 was great. It wasn't that noisy. It didn't bother me.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 July 2014

The Hinds house is a nice Victorian house just a few blocks from the Pacific Garden Mall and the Boardwalk. Rooms #1 and #2 are the only rooms with a private bath. It is an interesting experience there, it depends heavily on the other guests staying. The kitchen is well stocked with the basic pots and pans, coffee is provided, storage for your groceries is ample, in cupboards and fridge. This is not a hotel. Laundry is provided, as is the detergent. So if you need your bedding changed, you will need to wash it. If you need your room cleaned, there are supplies and vacuums available. It is a weekly rental, and we just finished a 1 month stay. We would stay again. The common areas of the house are very nice, a great chance to stay in a well maintained Victorian house near downtown Santa Cruz. A parking permit is also provided while you stay which is a nice bonus, there are only 3 parking spots off street at the property.

Room Tip: There is a train that comes by 2x a day during the summer weekdays, and 4x on weekends, it is not an...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KLatka
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a wonderful inn, very close to the main street of the town. The setup is well thought out, self-catered, long term occupancy rental/short term stay inn, and the rooms are really wonderful. we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ChristineAmsterdam
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I spent 2 weeks at Hinds House and the stay was the most delightful I have ever had while travelling! The amenities are amazing. You have allocated cupboards and fridge space so that you can cook your own meals, which is great for those of use who have specific dietary needs that eating out cannot accommodate. Washer/Dryer available that is included, super clean house and rooms. The bed was very comfortable and fresh, and more than enough space to put all of my clothing and personal items. The location is unbeatable. You are a 3 minute walk to downtown and all of the shops, restaurants, groceries and transit. Only a 15 minute walk to the beach, Wharf and Boardwalk. Plus it's a beautiful home and city! Safe, friendly and full of amazingly unique shops for vintage lovers and modern store lovers combined. Oh and free wifi! Thank you to Hinds house for the amazingly, comfortable stay.

Room Tip: There are two levels above the main floor with rooms, so if you are not a fan of lugging up items tw...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Karli073
Reviewed 23 May 2013

stayed here for one week trip to santa Cruz. It's like going back in time with all the modern comforts...good wifi, hot water, great water pressure and really affordable weekly rates. There are two remarkable things about this place: the location and the people. You are right downtown and can walk to everything. The people here were fantastic. We made friends I know we will keep in touch with. Thanks Hinds House! Wish there were places like this in every town.

Room Tip: Some rooms have private bathrooms. Ours had a bathroom across the hall...very clean.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple