National 9 Motel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$179
US$174
Hampton Inn Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$179
Dream Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$239
  • Pool
Hilton Santa Cruz / Scotts Valley(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$130
Hilton.com
Comfort Inn Beach/Boardwalk Area(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$100
ComfortInn
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$129
West Cliff Inn, a Four Sisters Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$229
Quality Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$81
QualityInn
Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$102
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$168
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean. We went swimming too. The pool was a little cool at first, but was comfortable after being in for a while. The pool was located right on a busy corner, there was a wall around it, but you could still hear and see the traffic.
You can check in at noon, which is great compared to most hotels. The price was good for what you got. We stayed on a weekday. Prices are higher on the weekend. I think I would like to be closer to the middle of town next time.
The brickwork around the front desk is quite unusual. Not sure how to describe it. Kind of Alice in Wonderlandy.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016

First at all the guy at the counter, was so rude, when He ask me if I know by hard my license plates, I said not sure, and with my adress He was so piss because my current address doesn't match with my drivers license, And for those reason what is so stupid He said I can give you a room just like that.And the rooms anyways there duty and poor cleaning, smeling, I don't recommend that place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Morenaf50
National9motel, Manager at National 9 Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

I requested him to go outside the office and get the license plate number of his vehicle which was in the motel parking lot. We have to provide parking to every guest vehicle that is registered with us. Also he was asked to explain the difference in his address.These are standard check -in procedures applicable to all guests.

Plse read your guest registration form which says " ID Verified".This is a requirement by the Santa Cruz Police Department.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Older motel, for price, worth it. Refrigerator , microwave, and air conditioner working. Room clean. Management friendly. One car one space for room , since it is very small. Pool small but open . Not ritzy by any means but comfortable and affordable. Across the street from a Denny's and office offers Danish and coffee in the morning. If you want a clean , no frills , place to crash while enjoying the beach, this is it. Price may seem a little high for a place like this, but if you know anything about the area and prices of hotels and rooms in their busy season, it is reasonable . If comfortable , basic , reasonable price, and clean is not what u are looking for then break the bank and go for swank. Management is a friendly and accommodating as higher priced places , so that gave it a little extra plus in my book. Also saw linen services picking up here , so linens and sheets ect. Are not done on premises but through professional service. Happy beach trip travels, I hope this review helps. Also there is an enterprise rental car real close as well.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Dontwakethedragon
Reviewed 9 April 2016

My family and I stayed a week here. We chose National 9 for the exceptional rates (best in the city) but ended up finding sparkling, clean, nice-smelling rooms, an extremely friendly staff, and an atmosphere that truly felt like home away from home. Management did everything they could to make our stay pleasant and relaxing, and housekeeping did a superb job cleaning up after our two kids (ages 3 and 4). Coffee was always hot and delicious, and the complimentary danishes were enjoyed by all. Fast internet, top of the line A/C, soft beds with clean blankets, and front desk will be quick and friendly with whatever help you need. For great value, nice location and a pleasant stay with staff that genuinely care, give this place a look! We loved it.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Lee S
Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Weary after 4days straight of commercial crabbing, even at midnight Vic the owner was very nice! The room was much more than I expected. Clean, good size tv with cable and HBO, wifi works great, and they had a nice little breakfast claw assortment next to the coffee and orange juice in the office when I woke up . Talking to Kim (co-owner)this morning was nice as well. During our conversation over coffee, I heard about a guy who was smoking pot in the room and then misplaced some money, in which the amount continued to change from 3 to 5 to 7 hundred dollars. They (the owners) went as far as letting the guy search the premise, the maid, and even the maid's car!!! I wouldn't have let it go that far, I would have had him leave way before that. The maid Is now on their 11th year of service to the owners. I just wanted to mention that because one bad apple (rotten really) shouldn't affect someone's hotel selection. I felt super safe and comfortable here and losing a possession was the least of my worries. Victor and Kim take a lot of pride in their hotel and it shows. And at a little over half the cost of a beach motel, i was still an 8 minute drive to the boardwalk in heavy morning traffic. 4 stars! I look forward to another affordable night stay.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo