All reviews san francisco spacious room plenty of parking coffee maker kitchenette highway
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2020 via mobile

The lobby and front grounds appeared nice. We had checked in for a week and called within hours to cancel and get a refund. We had the creeps all night trying to sleep; it was that disgusting. The carpet and floors were dirty, the sliding patio door was filthy, the cupboards were nasty.

I found a bug in my freshly made bed. I was thankful the sheets were otherwise clean. We could both tell the place was not sanitized. I am picky but not unfair, and when my husband calls and asks for a refund due to the grossness of our room on the first floor you know it is very bad indeed.

Too bad this place, its owners and management hide under a decent name. When I called the front desk to arrange the refund the person there said, “I know...I understand.”

They ought to be very ashamed and the health department should check it top floor to bottom floor. So gross...

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 2Retires
Reviewed 6 August 2020

Overall stay was fine - but there were too many preventable problems to rate even “average” - you can’t imagine how thrilled I was when I stepped out of the shower and looked around to find NO TOWELS - so I dried my 6ft 250# body with two hand towels. Of course a fresh cup of coffee in the room would make it all worthwhile, if they had any cups in the room. But again I was disappointed. So I’ll just step out in the balcony and breathe some fresh air - found one of the cups - half full of coffee and cigarette butts (who knows how old) - I don’t plan on staying here again....

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Steve D
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2020

Hi Steve D,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. It’s a pleasure to have you grace our hotel.

We have always wanted to create a superb lodging experience for all of our guests. I am sorry the balcony area was not spotless on arrival, and you had a difficult time with the lack of in-room amenities in your room. We aim to offer everything you need and to spare you from anything that could upset you.

I have shared your comments with the hotel management to identify the areas that require improvement. I trust the efforts taken by the housekeeping team will help maximize your next stopover.

As one of our loyal guests, we hope to serve you in many ways. I hope you will give us another opportunity to impress you.

Best,

Zel N.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 July 2020 via mobile

What a great change to this hotel with the renovated rooms, improved customer service, and bar menu!!! I was here a few years back and swore I would never return due to the service and room quality. However, with me needing to stop into the area on a whim I was left with this hotel or back tracking while tired.

I know with all of the Covid-19 precautions things aren’t the best in the country. However, this hotel was fully functional with a good team ready and willing to take care of me. I will be back to ensure this wasn’t a fluke experience. Oh yeah, you have to have the asada fries with fresh jalapeños!!!

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank K408F
Reviewed 18 February 2020

We were here with a seminar group. Staff was very helpful and friendly and provided exactly what we needed.

Our room was great! Large, Clean, comfortable, heater worked since it was cold outside, Quiet. Everything worked in the bathroom, however the water flow was a little slow in the shower, but we survived!

The bed was very comfortable and we slept really well.

Private balcony. Outside big pool. Next to the highway but did not hear it from inside the room.

Plenty of parking area.

Our group had a nice hot meal of scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes, toast, juice, coffee/tea for breakfast.

We enjoyed it and will be back.

Room tip: I think all the rooms are probably good.
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Katy0701
Reviewed 8 February 2020

It seems like this hotel had its heyday in the 80s or so when hotels were built much differently -- but don't get me wrong, the management has done their best to keep up with updates. That being said, it's definitely an older hotel with huge, cavernous rooms. As a business traveler who travels by himself, I don't particularly care for a huge room, but I can imagine a family would love it. My room was clean, and each one looks like it comes with its own private balcony, which is pretty great. No free breakfast, but the paid breakfast was spot-on.

Date of stay: December 2019