All reviews breakfast room free parking make your own waffles cvs pharmacy yogurt the big blue bus hot breakfast decent breakfast free breakfast would stay here again priced hotel beverly hills minute drive hard boiled eggs queen bed decent size budget hotel
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

The hotel is OK but a little bit run down. Cleanliness is also OK but the area does not offer much in terms of eating. It's like 5km to the beach and the way is almost straight from the hotel if you want to walk there

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Tobias U
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Works for us - will stay there again.

One of nicer and well looked after Comfort Inns.
Clean rooms- we had a 1 queen on second floor. Bed was comfortable. Room clean and could walk out onto an open area with tables.
Location on the Boulevard handy short walk to restaurants (Coogies diner across road, Karls on next corner Asian couple blocks down Sushi and Chinese across road.Interesting shops walk East along the Boulevard. Great street - still not too gentrified and interesting shops if you have time. Easy 2 block walk to Wilshire and Milo and Olive is right there. Bit in from the coast.

We were there for medical reasons and booked hotel direct to get the medical rate as we go to a cancer clinic 2 blocks over on Wilshire.

Breakfast is free and not bad. Sausage and scrambled egg with muffins, yogurt etc.
Breakfast room is beside pool. Follow signs for room 115 and keep going. Ask where stuff is - signage is strange and not helpful for first time. Not every exit from second floor allows you back in and parking lot (free and ample) is at back. When I went to car it took me a while to figure out that I could not go in door I came out and had to circle around front.

Counter staff very helpful. Booked with Ian and then called back for directions. Picked phone up right away and good friendly communication. Good job Ian.

Another quirk of the place was charging additional $20 to card on check in. Which I asked about and was told it was for "incidentals." and was assured it would not be charged at checkout if I did not have "incidentals". Still no wiser after baffling explanation(s) from check in clerk. They do not have a mini bar. Parking and Breakfast are free so what is an "incidental?"......still mystified!!

We dinnered in Coogies diner across road. Has large menu with specials and most of breakfast served all day. Food very average and Santa Monica prices.
hospital parking structure by mistake . Entrance nest door. Boulevard numbering per block is confusing (10,000s) to 3000 and down a ways from leaving I405. You are on the right street. SM is full of quirks!

Room tip: If mobility impaired you may want to ask for one of few rooms on ground floor. One elevator right at front of building next to Blvd.
Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Brackstead
Reviewed 27 November 2017

The rooms were exceptionally clean and obviously renovated recently. Breakfast was really great given the overall price. Pool looked inviting, but we ran out of time & the only downside was the pool opening hours. Location was great for driving and for buses to The Pier. Service was adequate at front desk - nothing special. Would recommend.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank MareeB1964
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed in July. We arrived late around 10 pm and the front desk was busy however the staff was still very helpful and answered all of our questions. Good breakfast, very hard working staff was constantly re-filling it. Double queen room was a little tight but clean. The elevator is small so we had to make a couple trips with the luggage. Loved the patio sets outside where you could enjoy looking at the tall palm trees. Kids liked the swimming pool also. Great value for the location and we would recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kasia23r
Reviewed 17 November 2017

My husband and I stayed here in October for one night. Traveling from AZ, we arrived at the hotel around noon. We went to the office to ask if we could park there, and leave our luggage, even though it was a few hours early to check in. The girl working the desk said it was ok, and after taking our name, she said our room was ready, so she checked us right in. Our plan was to go to the beach for the rest of the day. My husband and I knew the beach was a long walk from the hotel, so we used Uber to get there and back. There are numerous Uber and Lyft drivers in the area, and we didn't have to wait long at all. There are also numerous cabs by the beach as well. There is a bus service, but we didn't use it so I can't say how it is or what times it runs. Our room was very nice. Queen bed. Ample linen. Tub shower combo. There was a mini fridge,and micorwave in the room. Wi-fi worked well. The breakfast in the morning is your standard continental breakfast...scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, assorted muffins and bread, yougurt, fresh fruit,and cereal. There is a CVS walking distance. There was also a Carl's Jr, and McDonald's across the street. Easy access to the 405 freeway. This is a good hotel in the Santa Monica/Brentwood/Westwood area. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2017