2,671 results
All reviews fig restaurant fig tree ocean tower bungalow bar lobby lounge street promenade beautiful property concierge desk car service venice beach turn down service beverly hills hotel in santa monica valet staff los angeles ocean front valet parking
Reviewed 31 October 2015

We stayed at the hotel on the recommendation of friends who live in the area. We had a one bedroom suite adjoining to a second bedroom for our children. Beautiful grounds and common areas, and the restaurants are excellent. But the rooms are in very poor condition and maintenance of them has been neglected. Our tubs were rusty and chipped; the beds are old, hard and very uncomfortable, and the rooms are not at all soundproofed so the noise from outside kept waking us up each night (you can hear people yelling, talking, and cars honking from the street below as if the windows are open).

Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank toddn383
Stephanie B, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

toddn383,

Thank you for your review and your very honest feedback. I am so glad you enjoyed our grounds and common areas, and were able to enjoy our incredibly convenient location.

That being said, please allow me to extend my sincerest apologies for your dissatisfaction with your room and its' condition. This is not the type of feedback we like to see, but it is absolutely necessary to our future success. Your concerns have been passed along and we are doing everything we can to rectify these issues, both immediately and in future plans.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly at stephanie.berman@fairmont.com in the event you opt to give us another chance-- I would love to be able to have you experience the Miramar the right way.

All the best,

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 10 nights and couldn't fault the hotel. The location is perfect as the steps down to the beach is just across the road. you can walk to the pier within 10 mins, the main streets in the centre with shops bars restaurants are within 5 mins walk however the hotel does have a free taxi service.The swimming pool area was lovely. We didn't eat at the hotel so can't comment on that but the rooms were excellent with comfy beds and all the mod cons. We had travelled from Las Vegas with a hire car and realised on the second day it was much cheaper to pay to leave the car in the multi storey just across the road than use the hotel, each night. I would love to return to Santa Monica and stay at this hotel in the future.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Helen-spooner
Stephanie B, Guest Relations Manager at Fairmont Miramar Hotel & Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2015

Helen-spooner,

I love this review! I am so thrilled that you had such a great time with us and can't wait for you to come back and stay with us again! I so agree that our location is unparalleled in the city of Santa Monica-- close to the beach, shopping, and great restaurants.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Best,

Reviewed 29 October 2015

I have friends who were getting married and I talked to Otilou in room service to have some champagne sent to their room. She sent up a beautiful table with the champagne and she added flowers, truffles and chocolate covered strawberries. It was just lovely. And she was delightful to speak to as well.

S G,

Thank you for this great review!! I am so glad that we were able to help turn your friends' "moment into a memory" and make their celebration even more special!

Thank you for your kind words and praise for our staff-- it will definitely be shared!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 23 October 2015

Front desk spent more time dealing with customer complaints the providing excellent service expected at a Fairmont. Our suite had long dark hairs in the bath tub terrible. The staff in restaurant not attentive. However the grounds were very nice

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank V9690NAjanetc

V9690NAjanetc,

I am very disappointed to see this sort of review-- as you know, the level of service you witness is obviously not indicative of the service we pride ourselves or expect. We expect our staff to all we can to avoid guest issues, but to handle them with poise should they arise, and I apologize that there was a clear misstep with what you experienced.

I would love the opportunity to speak to you further about this. Please feel free to email me directly at stephanie.berman@fairmont.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,

Reviewed 23 October 2015

There is a lot to like at the Fairmont Miramar.
Superb location, great sense of arrival but, probably what stands out is the staff.
They radiate warmth, eagerness to please, spontaneously willing to go the extra step and are totally engaged. They are obviously delighted to practice their craft.
Simply stated, if the goal is to make guests happy it is helpful for the g.m. and his group to make their colleagues happy as well. The management team must be a powerful, highly professional, motivated unit.

Our small suite, with the ocean as a spectacular background, was quiet, elegant and, not to be forgotten, offered perfect sleeping accommodation (as is: top mattress!).

Fig is the all purpose restaurant. If you want serene, quiet, move on if you enjoy energy, liveness stick around. A busy saturday evening when our trip stopped by.
Service in spite of heavy volume was efficient, attentive and fast. I will not review the dishes, but our overall impression was many of the dishes, including the sauces and garnitures were perhaps on the overly exuberant side and lacked precision in taste and presentation.
I forgot: the Hostess, very pleasant, enjoys chewing-gum. I am not sure it enhances the guest experience.
The lounge is a good place for lunch al fresco: impeccable and simple offering, no extravagance there. The hostess, the waitress, were a delight. No one chewed gum.
The gym with it's indoor and outdoor combination is well thought out, spacious with all the equipment one needs.
It would be helpful to have cloth and cleaning liquid available to clean the equipment once the guest has used it.
Always enjoy the 'quiet area' with it's well balanced steam room. I can't resist mentioning on the inevitable rules and regulations list a classic: 'Pets are not allowed in the steam room'.
I was trying to remember when i last came face to face in a steam room with a dog, a cat or an ostrich.

To summarize, great hotel, outstanding staff; the kind of experience that i wish on myself and others time and time again.

1  Thank madeira10

madeira10,

Thank you so much for this positive and detailed review! I feel like I was able to experience your stay from start to finish, both the good and the not-so-good. We so appreciate your kind words and great feedback about the rooms, FIG, and most importantly, our staff. We are proud that our staff is seen as motivated and positive and offers our special guests like yourself with great service!

I hope to see your back at the Miramar very soon!

Warm regards,