“Village like Setting in the Vineyards”
Review of Vintners Inn

Vintners Inn
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Only a few minutes off the 101 freeway, The Vintners Inn in Santa Rosa, is a compound of several two story buildings surrounded by vineyards, beautiful gardens, and a large bubbling fountain. During our stay we enjoyed an afternoon wine tasting with cheese, a split of wine in our room, complimentary continental breakfast, and certificates for wine tastings at nearby wineries. Our downstairs beautifully appointed corner room had big windows on three sides and a glass door to a private patio. Upstairs rooms have balconies. The king size bed was super comfortable and the service was excellent. The hot tub was not working and there is no swimming pool, which I think would be great in summer. On the property is a first class restaurant, John Ash & Company, which is not to be missed. We really liked the courtyard village feeling. There is always a large separate banquet facility serving up to 250 people perfect for weddings, conferences, or other gatherings. This is a 4.5 STAR facility.

Room Tip: We loved our downstairs corner room with patio as it had large windows on three sides. Upstairs woul...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StarLady99
There are newer reviews for Vintners Inn

Reviewed 7 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here while our son was checking out Sonoma State University. Even though it was not exactly close to the college, being out of the way at this beautiful Inn was worth the drive. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom tub divine, and the fireplace and balcony very nice. Sunrise was spectacular both mornings. You might notice the power plant while driving in, but once you are on the grounds you do not notice it or the freeway at all. In fact, it's actually nice having access to the freeway. The jogging/running path is a nice touch as well. We found the service (front desk, breakfast, housekeeping and restaurant/bar) to be very friendly and accommodating. My husband did leave his pillow on accident, but I'm not sure he tried to contact the Inn about it. They did not contact us.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carrie012
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Thanks so much for your kind words, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay. The pillow should have been mailed out yesterday!

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Extremely comfortable rooms, large and spacious. Beautiful grounds. My wife and I had an excellent stay.

My only complaint was that our room service plates and trays had not been removed from our room when we got back at 11:00 from our night out even though turn down service had come through.

Overall it was comfortable, quiet and well worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank cs34109
Reviewed 2 February 2012

My wife and I had not been to The Vintners Inn and John Ash & Co in over twenty years. Shame on us! We took advantage of a promotion that included the room, a credit towards dinner and two Winery Passes for two. There is also a continnental breakfast included.
The property is outstanding and our room was delightful.
We had a pre dinner cocktail at the bar, which was very quaint and lively.
We had an exceptional dinner. The setting, the service and the meal were all five stars.
I had the lamb shank, which melted from the bone and my wife had the diver scallops, which were remarkable. The wait staff was knowledgable and very attentive.
We will return, and it willl not take us another twenty years.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobostours
Reviewed 11 January 2012

First, the property itself is just wonderful. Courtyards with fountains, cobblestone, vines etc., just lovely. The rooms were warm and comfy, with wonderful furnishings and beautiful views. The service great also, housekeeping meticulous and all others we dealt with very friendly. Oh, and the restaraunt was top notch. So what's not to like?????

Oh, my gosh, 7 AM Saturday morning and there is this roar. At first I told my husband I thought we were having an earthquake! We then figured it out that it had to have been a jet. So much for sleeping in! At breakfast the hostess told us the aiport is just a few miles away. She added that they are expanding and bigger jets will be coming in. She then said the area is going after mass tourism (she said all of this like it was going to be a good thing!)

This was our third and probably last trip to Sonoma County. It had already started to loss it's "quaintness" but the direction they are going it will be nowhere near what it used to be. Head to the Upper Napa Valley, St. Helena and Calistoga, these are much more surreal, peaceful areas. Too bad they go too big for their britches!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank texaslisa
SueBurnet, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for your feed back, we appreciate your taking the time to comment. I have no idea what noise you may have heard but I don't think it would have been a jet. The airport runways are not long enough to accommodate large commercial jets. How rude though that whatever it was occurred at 7 in the morning. Since I haven't had any other comments about this I'm at a loss to give you an answer. I'm not sure who you spoke with since we don't have a breakfast hostess, perhaps someone at the front desk? Unfortunately, their facts were not quite right. Sonoma County, like all great destinations, is encouraging tourism. The expansion plans for the Sonoma County airport have been on the books for awhile with completion in 2020. So, I do hope you'll continue to come to beautiful Sonoma Wine Country and since you spoke so glowingly about Vintners Inn, you'll come back and see us again. Please feel free to call me directly if you have any questions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Rosa
3.3 km away
Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
Hilton Sonoma Wine Country
#8 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Vintners Inn? Share your experiences!