All reviews john ash restaurant turn down service ferrari carano wine country beautiful grounds bocce ball private patio second floor french doors sitting area each morning on site restaurant rooms are large complimentary wine workout room sonoma county junior suite
Reviewed 2 August 2015

When we arrived, check in was easy and fast. There was a wine tasting and cheese and great olive oil offerings near the lobby. Nearby Russian River Valley Pinot was very nice. The hotel room was clean a very nicely decorated. No signs of wear and tear that some hotels neglect (like nicks and spotty carpets) very well maintained rooms and grounds, which U.S. Truly appreciated by this traveller. Hotel has a walking/jogging path through the John Ash vineyards on the hotel grounds. Large in ground jacuzzi was pretty hot but soothing..a short walk from any location of the hotel. Restaurant on site, close to freeway but no noise, would definitely return.

Room Tip: Probably second floor would be better but we didn't experience too much noise from above except a squeaky bed once! Lol
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Travel4GolfAnywhere
Reviewed 29 July 2015

My son & his wife recently held their wedding at this venue. I am now in love with this place, the staff, the rooms, the food, the location! We occupied many rooms, for three nights & I can't imagine a more romantic venue for a wedding! The country side is surrounded by 70 acres of grape vines & the buildings are two story, Mediterranean honey colored, with lots of flowering plants, using recycled water at this green hotel. The rooms are simply magical, being large, with beamed ceilings, fireplaces, big tubs, double sinks & a patio of some sort attached to each room that I saw.
We arrived too early to check in & the hotel arranged for my teenaged son to have a sports massage while we waited - very short notice, nothing short of a magic trick to arrange. He said it was great! Meanwhile, I enjoyed the arbor & people watched.

We ate breakfast here every day & I particularly liked the homemade granola parfait. It really was delicious, being filled with cashews & a greek yogurt. We had the rehearsal dinner next door at John Ash & Co (very enjoyable) & the actual wedding by the grape vines, reception for 110 held in their big rooms. I was so impressed with the whole place, I would love to use this place as a starting point for more wine tasting. Nothing went wrong during our stay - thank you so very much!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank HinRSF
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

A beautiful place. The grounds are gorgeous. Well kept & clean. Even though you are by the highway it feels like you are in the country. Room was clean, quiet & comfortable. Loved the little patio. Fountains are amazing. Overall a good nights sleep & a relaxing visit.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Regi69
Reviewed 23 July 2015

Enjoyed three nights here , rooms were very nice, good size and very well decorated. The entire property was very charming and inviting. very Italian feeling. Service was excellent and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2015

Lovely little Inn in Santa Rosa. The adjacent restaurant is equally good! Rooms are nice and good size with a view of the vineyards/courtyard and fountains depending on if your room is on the first or the second floor. I would opt to ask for a second floor room at check in. I did a spa massage and facial because I had nothing to do while my husband had to attend to some business for 3-4 hours. I would not recommend the spa, I thought it was too overpriced for the services they offered. Would I stay at this hotel again? Probably not! I would consider staying in the heart or Napa or Sonoma instead!

Stayed: July 2015