“Great Venue for Music and Speakers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luther Burbank Center for the Arts

Luther Burbank Center for the Arts
Ranked #17 of 87 things to do in Santa Rosa
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded in 1981, the non-profit Luther Burbank Center for the Arts is the North Bay’s premier Arts Center presenting world-class performances, nationally recognized education programs, contemporary visual arts, and many popular community events. Together with its resident companies, the Center is ranked among world’s top 100 performing arts presenters hosting performances in music, theater, dance, comedy, family programming and renowned speaker events; and serving more than 30,000 children and adults annually through its nationally-recognized education programs. Located in the heart of the Sonoma Wine Country, the Arts Center is owned and operated by the Luther Burbank Memorial Foundation, and relies on the generosity of members, donors, and sponsors to achieve its mission to enrich, educate, and entertain the North Bay community.
Sonoma, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great Venue for Music and Speakers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

Great venue for shows. I've gone to everything from a Sing it Yourself Messiah to David Sedaris to Pink Martini here and it is a great place. Small enough that most all seats are good, the service is good, lines are manageable. Parking is easy, getting out usually takes a few minutes but is not a terrible wait if you find the right line...
My husband gets a head set for the hearing impaired and that is an easy process and makes going enjoyable for him...

Healdsburg, California
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“Just the right size”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I just heard the Brahms Requiem here a few weeks ago. The acoustics are very good, and the space could be considered "intimate" compared to many concert venues which are huge

Mendocino, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

A great venue, I have seen a number of shows at this theatre, ( formerly the Luther Burbank centre for the arts ). \

All the seats are great , although I would avoid the extreme left or right hand side of the stage. I've never been up in the balcony , I popped my head in once, and you have a good view of the stage.

Little tip : If there are lines for the bathroom go upstairs !

Since the Konocti Harbor closed, they now have a lot more top name acts. It's also right off the freeway, and parking is easy.

If you need a hotel, try the Best Western Garden Inn, ( about a 15 min drive from the theatre ), excellent place for the price and dog friendly, get a room furthest away from the main road if traffic noise is bothers you.

Ukiah, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to See Almost Anything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2007

I have seen several shows at this venue over the years, the most recent being Rick Springfield on 8/4/2007. The seats are comfy, the ticket prices reasonable, and there really isn't a bad sight line in the place. They don't charge for parking, of which there is plenty available and the staff has always been competent, friendly and helpful. The only negative thing about the place (other than that horrible name change; it will always be Luther Burbank Center to me) is the small restrooms. Imagine my happiness when I saw during my last visit that they are enlarging them. If you're in the area and they are showing something of interest, I doubt you'll be disappointed with your experience.

1 Thank duckb63
A TripAdvisor Member
“Incredibly diverse programs for every taste, I loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2004

I didn't know what to expect, but I was thrilled to find a small contemporary art museum and a center with a variety of theatres. Each space was filled with some kind of event, from professional-quality and edgy theatre to amateur musicals to top entertainment acts. On three separate visits, I have seen St. Martin in the Fields, Jewel, and Wayne Brady. The main theatre is large and yet very close-in so you don't miss a thing. When I visit Santa Rosa, I always stop in and check out their events.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member