“Vege Food”

Ranked #77 of 545 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Buffet, Takeout
Description: International plant-based buffet, vegan-friendly, gluten-free options. Full buffet or smaller plate options. Sandwiches to order: portabella burger, banh mi, grilled cheese and spring rolls. Vegan and gluten-free brunch Saturdays and Sundays, 11:30-3:30 p.m. Live music, literary salon and open mic, vocal open mic, art, community events.
Reviewed 24 March 2017

A friend suggested that we meet here for lunch. They have a buffet with a smallish selection of items. Seemed to be fresh enough. I was just kind of bored by what they offered. I would probably try to eat someplace else next time, not saying it was bad, just not saying I was that excited. Didn't find a ton of vegan restaurants in Santa Rosa; so, glad this place exists.

Reviewed 2 February 2017

I have eaten here on numerous occasions and I always enjoy the healthy buffet food. When there is live music it makes for a very enjoyable evening. The place is casual and the staff is friendly. It is my go-to place when I visit my daughters in Santa Rosa.

Reviewed 2 December 2016

My daughter took me here for dinner. They had a very hip jazz quartet playing that night. Vegan buffet and salad bar, polenta, soups, and other menu items. Everything is well labeled, very clean and organized. The labels tell if items are gluten free, etc. We both got the Blue Plate Special, which is basically one time trip through the buffet line, but you can pile it as high as possible on the plate. Sorta priced on the medium-high side, but the quality is excellent.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

We really liked this place, it was easy to find, street parking was easy and the atmosphere was delightful both indoors and outside.

It is hard to find vegan food and especially gluten free food, this place has both. It not only looks good but it tastes good also. We were there on a weekday, so the buffet was $12.00 but well worth it. We had been on the road for more than a month, eating primarily food that we fix prior to leaving our hotel so this was a very welcome treat. We stayed for more than an hour just enjoying the atmosphere and the food. The buffet is an "all you can eat" buffet, not that you need to over indulge, but it's nice to be able to sit and savor the food. The split pea soup was fabulous - well everything was just delicious!

Reviewed 17 June 2016

Okay, nothing but the salad was 5 stars. The salad greens were so good, you did not need dressing. All the dressings were 'watery'. The brown bread was great with butter. I hate to admit, I did not like most the dressings. I am use to blue cheese dressing, thousand island and ranch, all thick and good.

The good tasting dishes besides the small cut piece of brown bread were potatoes and yellow split pea soup. But the potatoes had their rough peels on them. They were drying so I dipped them in marinara sauce with cheese.

The yucky ones were: the curried vegetables, the carrots were so al dente and not soft at all and the tapioca pudding had a slime texture. They really should get rid of this awful pudding and replace it with some kind of fruit. There was no fruit of any sort in the entire buffet. Think it was $13 a person.

1  Thank Adriana L