“Not bad, but not great.”

Ting Hau Restaurant
Ranked #128 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 31 October 2016

This place serves perfectly decent Chinese food...just nothing to write home about! It's been there probably 10 years, so obviously they have. Following. I'm just saying there's far better food in downtown Santa Rosa.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We like to discover tiny restaurants like this and since most everyone had a good review we decided to go and check it out. First of, I called and asked if it was a buffet and I was told 'Yes' so we went and found out it wasn't but we just decided to stay anyways because the place looked really nice. I ordered seafood wonton, but it was so much less than I expected granted the food reviews, they were like seafood floating in hot water, the soup literally tasted like boiled water. My husband ordered Mongolian beef which tasted good and acceptably spicy though we were not asked how spicy we want it so we just shared his plate, and picked on the floating wontons, scared to order any more. To top it all off the lady serving us kept asking if we were done eating and 3x attempted to take away our plates and our glasses without asking and this happened when we were still holding our forks during conversation. I asked her if they were closing and the lady said no. I don't know why she was in so much hurry to collect our plates she didn't look busy and there were still other customers around, it was 12 noon. Because of this experience we decided we will not go back and will not recommend this place to our friends.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

An outstanding family run Chinese food restaurant. Their menu offers an outstanding array of dishes, Every dish we have tried has been excellent in taste and presentation. We find ourselves returning to this gem often. Our returning guests often suggest eating there again.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

This is by no means high end food. It is your average, gloppy red sweet and sour sauce type of Chinese food, but it has been the same for decades. It is very affordable and you could certainly do worse.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

Lovely people. Good value. Love their fish in Spicy Bean Sauce. And great Pot Stickers. Always try to take their Hot and Sour Soup to sick friends. Well, one particular friend, who swears it helps when he has a cold.