“Love my local casinos but...”

Santa Ysabel Casino
Reviewed 4 June 2012

There is nothing like being a local, and being a part of the back woods community I am always very excited to see a local business pop-up, especially when it's a business which can help out my good friends on the rez. However, for some reason every time my neighbors and I make the trip to the Santa Ysabel Casino the staff always seems to have a negative attitude, and are more concerned with throwing around the stink eye and gossiping than providing customer service. Call me silly but if I'm losing money to a computer game I really only ask for a smile from the ladies behind the counters. Additionally the vibe from the security guards always seems to create a prisonesk atmosphere, and they seem to take pleasure out of harassing you after cashing out your winnings. On top of it, getting carded when buying a drink was made incredibly uncomfortable with the tatted up rent-a-cop breathing down my gf's neck. Sadly while I love to see local businesses succeed, unless things change I fear my friends and I will just have to make the drive to Barona.
P.S. Second chances are endless in my book, and I will be back soon hoping for the best.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Not worth the price of gas from Ramona, round trip. A rip-off in every sense. Either stay home or go to Barona.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Nice little casino, with a good restaurant and friendly people. A little smokey but most are like that now. Good band on special weekends (Gary DeLugg Band) that is nice to listen to. Special discounts for 55+ (sign up for discount card). Food was good. $2 wine wasn't bad either (for 55+). Slots were generous to us and we have won almost every time we have been there (probably will end on next visit). I think they have overnight parking available now for RV's. They don't have a hotel but I think they are getting ready to build something next to the Casino. Nice location on top of a hill. Check out the players club for special discounts (we just found out about it).

5  Thank Ted W