“This place is permanently closed.”

Santa Ysabel Casino
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Was in a pretty spot out in the San Diego back country. Nice spot up on a hill. Closed now, permanently. They just couldn't make it work after making a big investment in a nice building.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Four of us rode our motorcycles up Palomar Mountain and then stopped at the Orchard Café in the Santa Ysabel Casino for lunch. We were seated quickly at a nice table with a great view of the mountains. Two of us had the chicken salad, one had the taco salad and I had the Chef's Salad. Our server was friendly and efficient and took good care of us. I don't think anyone thought the meal was outstanding, but considering that it's not the food that attracts one to a casino, I guess that's not too surprising. All of the meals were on the bland side although the portions were generous enough. The meats (ham, turkey and chicken) in my salad were a little on the dry side as were the slices of cheese. All in all it was very unforgettable lunch.

2  Thank Gordon C
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stumbled upon this place driving back from a trip to the mountains. For those looking for a more intimate casino, this may be the place. The staff were very friendly and had a greeter at the door. Like any casino, the booze is a bit overpriced. There is a good variety of slot machines. The casino has a wine tasting machine that I have never seen before. You pre-purchase a card and local wine is dispensed at the proper temperature.

Worth a stop!

1  Thank Russell B
Reviewed 12 April 2013

When the Casino opened, the food was pretty great. They offered a prime rib for an Old Las Vegas deal one night a week, and we went often. More recently the restaurant has tried other cuisines including Mexican, which have not been quite as great.
The bar is fun, with an array of microbrews. It is situated in the middle of the poker machine action, with a dance floor that rarely is used. We happened to be there once when a band played, but the staff assured us that that was not a regular thing.
We don't have much luck in Casinos, so we didn't expect to win big.
We hope this place makes the changes it needs to make to stay afloat and thrive. It is a fun location for us, with a great view of the valley and mountains from the dining area.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Casino Santa Ysabel was an unexpected stop on our way back from Julian, CA. We thought we could check out the Casino and get a bite to eat. This Casino is a very small one, but very clean and modern. This Casino has a beautiful view of Lake Henshaw. We signed up for the player cards before playing the slots. By signing up, we received a free dinner what they call surf and turf. The dinner was pretty good except the steak was a bit tough for me but the waiter was very happy to get me another one that wasn’t cook too much. The service was excellent! I tried the Black and Blue Cider and loved it! We played the slots & took home $75. So, free dinner and walk away with $75.00 not too shabby!!!

1  Thank Darcy S