“Great concert venue!!”

The Mountain Winery
Ranked #1 of 8 Food & Drink in Saratoga
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Honestly, the most beautiful concert venue I have ever been to. We saw the Mavericks there on 10/07/17. Now the Mavericks are always great, but this venue was awesome. Beautiful views of the city below. It’s s smaller theater, not as large as the Hollywood bowl- but maybe on par with the Greek theater. Great bar (who knew you could get a scratch-made margarita at a concert venue!!) and great food (we had a lobster roll and a burger, both were really good!) no bad seat in the house to view the stage. We plan to go back often (even tho it’s s 4hour drive for us)

All reviews
"concert venue"
in 27 reviews
"beautiful venue"
in 9 reviews
"wine tasting"
in 21 reviews
"great place to see a concert"
"winding road"
"dinner package"
"captive audience"
"sight lines"

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I think that this may now be our favorite place for a concert. It is small enough (about 2300 people I think) to have an almost 'intimate' feeling even though outdoors. (Got a bit chilly at night guess why they only go thru mid-October).
Good sound, good views of stage from almost anywhere (except, of course, when people in front of you think they're part of the act and want to stand up and dance the entire performance).
We had dinner package at Rocco's Italian. Both had filets which were Great. Will be back!!

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I’m a theatre-goer, but I love to attend concerts here. The venue itself is nestled in the mountains. Everything is terraced and landscaped, and there are beautiful redwoods on the property. The backdrop to the stage is the historic Paul Masson winery building with a 12th Century Spanish Portal acquired from the rubble of an old cathedral (see the Mountain Winery website for more).

I’m not certain if the arena was built into a natural area or excavated, but it feels natural. Because of the terracing, you walk up, then down, up and finally enter. We have always sat above the stage.

Every view is a good view. The acoustics are excellent. The other concert goers are friendly. I jump at a chance to see an artist here.

In conjunction with your tickets, you can purchase dinner packages, wine taste, get special VIP boxes, and a huge variety of other events are listed. I can only say the concerts are fantastic, the venue makes me happy.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I have a long list of complaints about this place -- I took my mother here for her birthday and it was such a disappointment. Though a beautiful setting, (a) long, narrow, steep road up the hill; (b) extra $20 charge for parking, though there is no option to park anywhere else; (c) long, long walk from parking to the venue, making it inaccessible for anyone who cannot make that trek; (d) golf-cart shuttle was easily available before the concert, but we had to wait 40 minutes in the cold in the shuttle line afterwards; (e) prix fixe dinner did not include any drink or dessert, and we were charged extra for ordering the pasta -- even though we did skipped the entree meat; (f) dinner service was so slow (10 minutes before anyone even showed up, etc. etc.) that we were late to the show; (g) food was not exceptional and was served luke warm; (h) server showed no concern for these issues; (i) no response when I wrote to request a refund for the pasta charge (a few weeks ago). Will not be coming back, no matter who's playing!

2  Thank RiverRaftingMom
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 September 2017

What a setting and what a view! Simply gorgeous rolling hills and valleys below.
Please note that acoustically it is better to seat on the bottom near stage vrs on top.
Please examine their map before buying tickets as they have different levels and sections. Our section had no assigned seats and I would recommend to come 1.5 hours in advance to get good parking and seats.
They offer 2 types of pre-concert dining: - Winery deck (casual) $47 for 2 course + dessert a la cart
- Chateau deck (more upscale) $74 for 3 course
There is an option for reserved parking available at the cost of $35/car and opens at 5:00pm.
In addition there are booths that sell wine by glass and different fair (burgers and fries).