Cavallo Point
Hotel Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$225
  • Breakfast included
Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa(Sausalito)
US$349
  • Restaurant
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$159
Priceline
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$110
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$169/night.

US$175
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

US$239
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Hostelworld.com
1,060 results
All reviewsmurray circlefarley barthe golden gate bridgefort bakerhistoric roomsmeditation poolmilitary basegolf cartfront porchcooking schoolrocking chairsking suitesan franciscoparade groundofficers quartersdiscovery museumcooking class
Reviewed 24 September 2012

A friend and I stayed at Cavallo Point, September 9-11. When we checked in the girl at the front desk treated us as though we were so lucky to be staying there. She never once greeted us and was just cold and rude.
We took advantage of the SPa and had ok massages, nothing great and the spa was out of lots of amenities like shower chaos, bags for your wet suit, shavers and such.
We had a drink in the bar and our server there was friendly and helpful. I ordered a martini which was the worst martini I have ever had. I even asked if there was just water in the glass? I was hoping dinner would be better. Sadly, not. Our server delivered our food to us not cooked and confused our wine order. I was very unhappy both with our service and the quality of the food.
The highlight of the stay was the breakfast the next morning. Excellent coffee and omelet. When we checked out, it was a different girl and she was so just stuck the bill in our face and was upset when we looked it over. There were a few extra charges and when we asked, she said they were for valet parking(WHICH WE NEVER USED) a $25 fee, a spa fee yet we had paid $400. to the spa for various treatments and yet they charge you a spa fee, and they charged us a shuttle fee which we never used. I refused to pay these fees since I parked my own car, had paid the spa $400 for treatments and had never used any kind of shuttle. The girl was so angry with us and told us we should have been aware of these charges. I have no problem paying for what I use but I refuse to pay for charges I didn't use and to pay a USER fee for the spa when I had just paid $400 is ridiculous. I was so upset as people had said what a great place it was, but I think they MILK you because the location is super. That is all it is, a super location. The rest is awful.

Room Tip: Our room was nice but not worth the high price tag. It was clean but could have been cleaner and room service took 2 hours.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank elizabeth t
CavalloGM, General Manager at Cavallo Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that the service that you had received during your stay did not meet with your expectations. We appreciate your comments and concerns and I will be certain to discuss them further with my management team to address every issue mentioned.

Please rest assured that we are committed to providing an excellent and hospitable experience for all our guests.

If you have any further questions or inquries, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at euan@cavallopoint.com.

Reviewed 23 September 2012 via mobile

Great place with lovely character. Food in both restaurant and bar really good quality and well worth the price. Staff really helpful and friendly. Had room 1002, views not as great as some of the other rooms but still very nice. Would go back one day!

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review!

We hope to welcome you back to Cavallo Point again very soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

What a fantastic place! Just at the bottom of the Golden Gate Bridge and in fabulous wildlife sanctuary. I returned to my hotel room one night to be greeted by 3 deer on the doorstep! The rooms are amazing - I stayed in one of the contemporary rooms. They are further up the hill but you can ask for a lift in a golf-style cart. But it only takes about 5 mins to walk to reception downhill - back uphill is only for the fitter! Food at the restaurant was wonderful - absolutely cannot fault this hotel - would definitely return. Ideal for a get-away weekend break. Only drawback is that the room walls are a little thin - I could hear quite a lot of what my neighbours were up to...

Room Tip: Try to get a room nearer to reception if you have any difficulty with walking although the buggies will transport you around so it's not a real problem. Rooms further away give great views of the bridge and most likely to find the wildlife there
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank short_scuba_diver

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

Please do come and visit us again at Cavallo Point very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

We stayed here one night for a wedding this past July. It was gorgeous, the rooms were great- loved the fireplace and balcony in each room, and the staff were very accommodating. Very adorable place to stay for couples, as the hotel is relatively secluded, with great views and nature walks if you are into that sort of thing. It's definitely pricey, but well worth it if you're looking for an upscale but friendly place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind post and endorsement!

We hope to welcome you back to Cavallo Point again very soon.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams at Cavallo Point. Our entire experience with the resort was ideal. We began working with Jessica Winthrop--Cavallo Point's wedding/catering coordinator--nine months ago, and could tell we were in good hands from the beginning. Jessica was friendly, calming, experienced and effective, and went above and beyond to answer all of our questions along the way, give us options, and fulfill every detail we envisioned. In fact, every staff member we encountered during our stay was outstanding. Our guests absolutely loved staying at Cavallo Point and raved about the location, food, rooms and service. Though Cavallo Point is a beautiful place in any weather, we were blessed with warm sunshine and clear skies, ie. amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge! We admit it was hard to leave Cavallo Point after the festivities were over, but we'll be back as often as we can! Thank you, Cavallo Point!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Congratulations on your recent wedding and thank you for your wonderful post! We are ecastatic to hear that your wedding went off without a hitch and so pleased to be your venue of choice for this special day.

We hope to welcome you back to Cavallo Point again very soon!