“Highly Recommended”

Fred's Coffee Shop
Ranked #2 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Classic Sausalito spot serving Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch for over 50 years! Try our special omelets, fluffy pancakes and unique french toast made with ice cream and grilled to perfection. Great for recovering after a wild night out or a meal with the family!
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Love, love, love this place. I had (Citron) lemon french toast with fruit topping, with an endless cup of coffee. Delish! The people were very friendly and accommodating. Coming from a German heritage, I thoroughly enjoyed the "Stammtisch". I would highly recommend trying this a place.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you Claudia. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and the Stammtisch! We look forward to seeing you again some day!

Reviewed 12 November 2017

Well worth the trip to Sausalito from the city! This small cafe is fantastic. We LOVED the millionaires bacon best, but the entire breakfast was superb.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you Gale. We appreciate your very kind words and look forward to seeing you back again!

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This place is awesome! Super short order cooking style with an excellent twist. We sat at the counter, had Mimosa's and people watched while having the most incredible breakfast ever!! The Millionaire Bacon is like Crack! Unbelievably Delicious. A must have!

Thank you so much, Steve. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your breakfast so much with us and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Millionaire's Bacon was an eye opening experience, this bacon is the best I have ever tried, I only wish I knew the recipe to try to replicate it in Barcelona. The rest of the breakfast was also very good but it was eclipsed by the millionaire's surprise.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2017

We're happy to hear you enjoyed our Millionaire's Bacon so much, Pablo. Thank you for your kind words. To make it at home, get the thickest bacon you can (ours is 5 slices per pound) and spread the slices out on a rack over a baking pan. Sprinkle with red and black pepper, top with a generous amount of brown sugar, sprinkle a few red pepper flakes on top, then bake for 2.5 to 4 hours at 250-300 degrees depending on the bacon thickness. Experiment and let us know how it goes!

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Smallish cafe at Sausalito. My wife and I visited for breakfast on our way to Healdsburg. It was busy and bustling but we got a seat immediately. Breakfast of Millionaire's bacon, eggs and hash browns was quick and delicious as was my wife's omelette. The staff are great and work really hard. I would go back every day if I could.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

We'd love to have you back every day, Bowth! Thank you for your visit and kind words!