“Best Eggs Ever”

Fred's Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Classic Sausalito spot serving Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch for over 50 years! Try our special omelets, fluffy pancakes and unique french toast made with ice cream and grilled to perfection. Great for recovering after a wild night out or a meal with the family!
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I have lived in Marin since 1965, & I understand Fred’s has been around a long time but I have only been here twice in the last year. Fred’s makes the best scrambled eggs & millionaires bacon around. I can hardly wait to try something else on the menu. Service is quick, breakfast exceptional!!

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

We look forward to having you back to try more items, Angel! Thank you for your visits and very kind words!

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Fred’s is epic. I’ve been coming here since the 80s. Ownership changed but they kept the recipes thank god. They raised the prices but it was Econ 101. Supply and demand. Omelette pancakes bacon. EPIC. Rock on Fred’s.

Thank you so much for being a long-time customer, Momonthego! We appreciate your very kind words and look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Fred’s is a very unassuming hot spot for a delicious breakfast/brunch. They offer a variety of selections to please any palate. The service is quick and friendly, but the food is delicious. Our group ordered a variety of dishes. One member of our party ordered the coyote omelette. It is covered in chili and filled with flavor. I ordered the two egg breakfast with bacon. The portions were huge! I could have easily split this plate with someone. The eggs and bacon were delicious! My husband ordered the two egg breakfast with the millionaire bacon. This bacon is unlike any other bacon I had ever eaten. The flavor profile has layers and layers of taste. The sweet, salty, spicy and smoky flavor pairs well with the thick cut of bacon. It was definitely worth the extra $6!

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you Farrah. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us so much and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Fred’s is a great place for breakfast or lunch. It’s a diner, no frills with lots of big tables shared. The staff is super friendly and caters to ones needs. The food is really good and fast. Thumbs up!

Thank you Liz!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Love, love, love this place. I had (Citron) lemon french toast with fruit topping, with an endless cup of coffee. Delish! The people were very friendly and accommodating. Coming from a German heritage, I thoroughly enjoyed the "Stammtisch". I would highly recommend trying this a place.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Thank you Claudia. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your meal and the Stammtisch! We look forward to seeing you again some day!