“BBQ at the Show”

BBQ Smokehouse
Ranked #44 of 115 Restaurants in Sebastopol
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 2 April 2017

This neat little BBQ Smokehouse is right next to the Rialto Theater in downtown Sebastopol. I had some good jumbo, and my family had ribs, and smoked chicken which they enjoyed.

Reviewed 9 February 2017

If you love REAL Southern BBQ...Look no further! Rustic vibe and Slooooowwwwwww cooked Brisket, Pulled Pork, Greens,Beans, Homemade Vineager-based sauces ranging from warm to hot.... this is the real deal and we are so very lucky to have an option like this in West County, let alone Northern California! Come see what I mean!

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Excited to try rhe chicken wings I had heard about. Ribs Memphis style fall off the bone. The sides were bland . Only vinegar based slaw was good. Service prompt. Prices too high for this quality. Located next to the Barlow. Great outside seating when weather is much warmer.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Right by the Rialto movie theater but I sometimes stop there on the way home to eat or for takeout. Love the pulled pork barbecue sandwich and terrific coleslaw, and try the corn bread. Great to sit outside when the weather is good.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Place was somewhat hidden and so near other restaurants that for them to survive is a testament to their food and service.
Ordered the pulled pork sandwich. Pulled pork is one of my favorites and the pulled pork at BBQ Smokehouse set the bar for which I will now rate any other pulled pork sandwich...it was THAT good! Absolutely no glob of fat. Meat had the wonderful smokey flavor and a bit of spice but was delicious enough that after one bite I felt no need to add any of the four sauces sitting on our table.
As another reviewer wrote..taste before using any sauces because their meat is tender, juicy, lean and flavorful.
The sandwich was served with a side of cold slaw and some pickled vegetable which I wish they sold for customers to take home. Everything but the bun the pulled pork came with was homemade.
Place is comfortable with a feeling of welcome even for two first time visitors. They even have a bin of warm clothes by the front door in case you get a chill and need an extra layer. It can get chilly in Sebastopol in the summer.
My kind of place and I plan to return! After reading the other reviews I want to try the chicken if I can swerve my mind away from the pulled pork.