“Great Sandwiches”
Review of DePalo & Sons

DePalo & Sons
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 28 December 2011

They have a great selection of pasta's, hot entrees, desserts and sandwiches. A bit pricey but worth it. No seating inside.

1  Thank keybjones

Reviewed 7 March 2010

We ran across this place passing through Pismo and loved it. The food is well prepared and fresh. The owners are friendly, helpful and know the local wines.

What was most impressive to us is the father prepares fresh mozzarella every morning at 4:00am. We took some home and I rank it among some of the best I have ever had.

This is not so much a restaurant as a deli with take out and a couple sidewalk seats. With that said I will return if we find ourselves back in the area.

1  Thank BostonMMarion
Reviewed 29 November 2009

This is a deli located in a tourist area that should have a sign out front saying "Locals Only - We Hate Travelers." I ordered a sandwich off their menu board - the listed ingredients included mayonnaise, so I asked the young woman taking my order to "hold the mayo, please." "We NEVER put mayo on that sandwich" she hissed. I pointed out the menu board, and again she said, in an even louder and more hostile tone "WE NEVER PUT MAYO ON THAT SANDWICH!" That was fine, because that's exactly the way I wanted the sandwich, but her reaction seemed a little odd. My husband and I paid for our sandwiches and drove a few miles to a picnic area, opened the sandwich box, and surprise - the sandwich was slathered with mayo. We took the sandwich back to the store, showed her the mayo-drenched bread, and asked her why she told us that they never put mayonnaise on the sandwich. "I never said that" she said. She turned to her co-workers behind the deli counter and stage-whispered "Stupid tourists." She was laughing, and our sense was that this was an ongoing prank to entertain the deli staff. Needless to say, we'll never go back. There are lots of other wonderful places to eat in the area without the bad attitude and the bad food.

3  Thank Tubbytoast