“A little jewel”
Review of Corfu

Corfu
Reserve with OpenTable
Corfu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 28 Restaurants in Sierra Madre
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Armenian, Greek, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Baldwin
Reviewed 24 October 2016

This Greek restaurant offers a fairly large and varied menu including traditional Greek and Middle Eastern foods-spanakopita, kabobs, Armenian fare and more. We ate lunch the first time, I had Greek salad and my husband had a Shawerma gyro both of which were very good. The second time we had brunch which was not only delicious but reasonably priced/ $7.95 mimosa with fresh orange juice, omelettes which were fresh and mine had a generous amount of sliced avocado. Service is attentive. They serve beer and wine, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Closed from 2-5:30, then open for dinner until the fun stops. Free parking on street and in back. Staff very friendly. After or before your meal take advantage and wander around the town -lots of shops.

1  Thank lascola

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This restaurant was recommended by someone who eats out a lot and generally knows good quality food, so I was pretty sure that it was going to be fantastic. It was pretty good. There were a couple of appetizers that we ordered that they didn't have, so we substituted. Might have been more our taste, but they weren't as good as we have had elsewhere. The little cheese pies which we got when the spanakopita weren't available had very little cheese in them, and we thought that they were pretty pricey at almost $10.00 for four pieces. We ordered a kebab combo to share and while the filet pieces were very tasty, everything else was not really to my liking. My companion loved the minced beef kebab, which I found too salty for my taste, and my companion LOVED the chicken, which was seasoned in a way that I didn't care for. Restaurant food is always a matter of taste; try Corfu for yourself and see if you like it!

Reviewed 10 July 2016

They have the best kebabs in the area, particularly the chicken and beef, which is filet mignon. Started with greek salad, which was very good, and free warm pita bread with some sort of poppy seed/oil dip, and then the entrees. We were a little annoyed to find that the entrees come with free salads, so why did we just buy an appetizer salad? OK, no big deal -- took the salads home for tomorrow. Overall a very good experience. Will return.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

came here because of restaurant.com deal and a friend had been before. The service was very disappointing and the food did not impress or meet expectations. We went on a Sunday afternoon, there were only 2 groups seated and 1 other new table seated after we arrived. We were not aware the restaurant.com was not valid for take out so we advised the female waitress we would dine in instead. She was completely un-attentive throughout our conversation and dining experience. I placed my order after I clarified we would dine in so I can utilize the coupon. She took my order then we seated ourselves noticed we were ignored the entire time. There was a male waiter on duty as well but she never bothered to acknowledge us until she brought our take out boxes. The table that came after us was greeted and offered beverages before we received our food. The entire time the waitress treated us like we were non paying customers, I think I overheard another table ask for her name, Grace? She brought our "take out" which I replied we are dining in since the coupon could not be used otherwise. She proceeded to ask in confusion if I spoken to the manager if it was ok, but OK for what? I was confused why I would speak to her manager? She took our food back and came back a few minutes later with our order. We didn't have any utensils, napkins or cup of water at our table. She went back to her station which then we had to flag male waiter down for utensils, plates and some water. We felt we were inconveniencing the waiter because we had to keep asking for every little thing which should normally be offered for patrons dining in? We ordered their House combo platter w/beef, chicken and lula (w/an extra skewer of beef -the more popular of the 3), tzatziki, and OJ. I've had Mediterranean style kebabs from visiting Greece and locally at Caravan Restaurant, Cafe Bravo, Healthy bites, Zankou etc. Their food disappoints in flavor and was not worth the amount we paid (we got 4 pcs of chicken and 4 pcs of beef). I was disappointed the beef pieces for the extra skewer was more than what was on the platter combo and the lula was very visually unappealing and lacking in any taste. The beef kebab was too rare for my taste and reminded me of meat glued together as the pieces were not steak quality. The only descent items were the rice and the complimentary flat bread w/ hummus. Throughout our dining experience, my OJ order was forgotten until I was parched from the saltiness of the food. I had to again wave the waiter down who was much more attentive than the waitress. The waitress then decided to come check on our table after the waiter already took care of our request so we didn't need anything from her. I most likely will never visit this place for kebabs and avoid if the waitress "Grace" is working. She didn't deserve the tip for ignoring us 90% of the time.

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Another restaurant that has been in town a long time. I believe it's family run still. You'll always find happy people sitting out front enjoying the food and great Sierra Madre atmosphere.