Lowest prices for your stay
US$143
Free cancellation until 05/02/23
HIExpress.com
US$143
Free cancellation until 05/02/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
Destinia.com
US$137
Free cancellation until 02/02/23
PricelineUS$143
TravelocityUS$143
Vio.comUS$143
All reviews free breakfast flat screen tv breakfast service yogurt nice pool fridge and microwave maid conditioner
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed one night and everything was great. Staff was good, the room was nice, the traffic noise was not bad. The bed was comfortable. In comparison to the Holiday Inn Express in Carpinteria, everything is bigger and better, the room, the pool area and the breakfast. Curiously, neither place had potatoes in the breakfast, and each had both pork and turkey sausage. But the breakfast here was well stocked with many choices, including real oatmeal and a pancake machine. The breakfast room is spacious.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

I made my reservations on the Hilton website. I have stayed at many HIE's. They were all newer and nice. I wrongly made the assumption that all HIE's were like this. Boy was I wrong. This is an older motel which was rebranded as a HIE's at some point. If I thought that I was staying at a motel 6 I would have had my expectations set at this level but more importantly I would have paid motel 6 prices. Even for a motel 6 it would have been considered old and tired, but I paid HIE's type prices. The only reason that I gave it 2 stars instead of 1 was because the staff was very courteous and helpful. This review no way reflects on the staff.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2020

Hello DJ B,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I want all your stays with us to be up to standards at all times. I have shared your comments with the relevant teams, as a reference during the periodic review of the property. I trust that the steps taken will make your next stays with us better than the last.

I hope you choose us again on your next visit to the area!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 13 December 2019

Good location off the interstate. Easy check-in/check-out process. Decent selection for breakfast (cereal, muffins, eggs, sausage, drinks, etc.). Rooms face open corridor with pool/hot tub. Room was clean and spacious. Reserved a king bed with jacuzzi bath and it was worth having in the room.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2019

Horrible place, Holiday Inn should be ashamed of this property. The check in guy was smoking when we walked up (just outside the door) and the smoke was in the lobby and courtyard. Got to the room and it had a horrible stench. Made a reservation at another hotel and left.

No way would I stay there

Date of stay: March 2019
2  Thank bwh1000
Reviewed 2 July 2019

Very friendly staff. They accommodated requests I had of a very early check-in and also allowing me to park my car at the hotel free of charge, even after check-out. Continental breakfast was substantial and not just mediocre.

Room tip: I recommend the 3rd floor, as it is the quietest.
Date of stay: June 2019