“Another one within walking distance of the beach, and my house”

Solana Beach Fish House
Ranked #23 of 81 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 17 August 2017

The location of this place is one which encourages a sizable group of loyal locals to come regularly. Put my family and me in that column please. The same guys have owned and worked here for years, and familiar faces surround us each time. While it is true that visitors also dine here, still it is a local place with (always) fresh fish, honest advice, and reasonable prices. If you want to save a couple of greenbacks (see how old I am?) order your desired fish as a sandwhich, not dinner plate. Plenty of quality and tasty morsels at a reduced price. Personally I don't eat the bread or bun, I am here for dead fish, perfectly prepared every time. Among the group assembled, you will find good tips or advice on what is where in the area, things to do and places to avoid. Must we be so critical? Absolutely, so that we don't pay goo money for a disappointing whatever. Thank you. They also have some great Mexican options, the specials are always worth considering, and outdoor seating rules, brothers and sisters. Plenty of indoor seating for those so inclined. Stop dithering an go, OK? Thanks for your attendance at this seminar.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

First visit, at lunch time - will definitely come back! Great, friendly service, calm & quiet atmosphere (compared to Fisk Market, where it's hard to have a conversation), fun decor and delicious food at reasonable prices! Two of us had fish & chips (generous portion, crispy not-too-thick batter crust, flaky white fish, huge steak fries, yummy coleslaw), two had the grilled red snapper sandwich & bowl of chowder (perfect sandwich with lots of fixins, and a unique New England chowder so rich & flavorful it was almost a bisque) and one had the chowder & Caesar salad combo. See our photos...

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner followed by a stroll on the beach. We ordered the fish and chips to share which was plenty of food. I am not a fish eater, but this was a really good plate of food! We found the portion size adequate for sharing, though some may disagree. It's a quiet little restaurant very close to the beach. Good food, decent prices and a casual dining environment. The only thing I would change would be adding a full bar, although I don't think space would permit. Overall it made for a great evening and if we are ever In the area again we will go back.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was traveling alone in the San Diego area on business. It's always hard trying to find a restaurant where I feel comfortable on my own, so I was looking for a fish place that wasn't too fancy or expensive but had good food. Found a review of the Solana Beach Fish House and decided to try it -- and I'm glad I did.

This is not a fancy place at all. Located in a strip mall, and not a ton of seating. I arrived fairly early for dinner and was able to grab a table outside with no wait. Ordered the fish and chips and it was absolutely delicious. If I continue to travel to San Diego which I've been doing fairly frequently, I'll be back.

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Been going to the place for several years. Food very consistent and love the Blackened Fish Burrito. Recently tried the Lobster Burrito and it was very tasty. Love their rice and appreciate the black beans. Will keeping going here for years to come!