“Last minute decision to go in turned out to be a great decision”

Wandering Dog Wine Bar
Self-Guided Solvang Windmill Wine Walk
Ranked #1 of 8 Nightlife in Solvang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A fabulous place to enjoy wine, beer and shrub tastings along with gourmet cheese and charcuterie platters! You can choose between flights, tastings or by-the-glass. Relax on the outside patio or enjoy the air-conditioned inside and talk with the servers about your favorite wines. Cheese pairings available as well to go along with any tasting or flight. Dog friendly on the patio. Unfortunately children cannot come in or be on our patio. Must be 21 or older to be on the premises.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Val was lovely and helpful and friendly. Tasted some great wine and cheese and she went out of her way to make sure she accommodated our tastes. Hope To be back before leaving.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"leash"
"vino"

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

A quirky wine tasting bar, welcomes dogs on a leash, serves great wine.
Really good value tasting room. $15 for 5 try's then buy a bottle and get your money back, a bargain.

Myself and my wife ordered 4 glasses but just charged for a full bottle, saving us money, sensible staff that we will remember to return.

Try it!

Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

OMG I totally love this place. I spent my birthday dinner here and it was amazing. The servers were super friendly and really knowledgeable about wine Plus when I walked in the current wandering dog Lucy gave me puppy kisses which was so cute. As I was solo the bartender kept me company and talk to me throughout the entire time I was there I will totally go back here everytime I'm in Solvang. The wine was great the company was great the atmosphere was great. Thanks for making my birthday awesome!

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I read a number of great reviews about this place and chose to stop in. Had been drinking beer previously and wasn't sure I really wanted to do wine tasting. Sat at the bar and when we looked at the menu, found they had craft beers. They are bottled beers but this was quite a novelty (at a wine place) and we chose to do a flight. Really enjoyed the selected beers. Very friendly place and enjoyed talking with the staff and the locals. Heard from many people that the wine was really good and will try next time I am in town.