“Best Restaurant in Solvang ”
Review of Root 246

Root 246
Reserve with OpenTable
Root 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 77 Restaurants in Solvang
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful mid range restaurant in Solvang California... the food is amazing, the associates take time to enjoy conversation, and the casual and at times business casual environment is terrific... Starters, main dish, and deserts are all homemade from truly basic organic foods that are sustainable and often one of a kind... the freshness of the food is truly welcomed. On this trip we ate there twice... truly a gem of a place to bring my wife ... look forward to coming back again...

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation here after arriving in Solvang. We weren’t real hungry, but figured we should have something after our long day of travel. Our server, Dana was great. We asked to split a salad and the braised short rib. We figured it would be a small portion. Boy, we were wrong, the salad was more than enough and I swear the braised short rib was a FULL serving. The short rib was pull apart tinder and had just the right amount of seasoning. It was our second anniversary and Dana made sure it was special with a deconstructed s’more to finish the meal! The only reason for the 4 rating was the table was a little short and the chairs were kinda huge! Thanks again for a great time!

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank 2ReadyforVacation
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Upscale farm-to-table, American cuisine restaurant with great ambience and attentive staff. I had mussels and French fries (moules frites). The duck fat fries were perfect and the mussels’ broth was excellent.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 31 December 2017

It had been some time since I visited Root 246 for dinner. It was my birthday and my daughter and I wanted something special. We found our experience very ordinary and that was disappointing.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Pat R
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I had made a reservation for the evening after Thanksgiving. It was at a later time and the place was not too full. The service was decent and we did leave a handsome 20% tip but the food left a lot to be desired. The wild arugula in their Harvest salad had huge stems, watery salad dressing, and extremely pungent turnips. In fact, I feel that there were very stale and dry turnip green mixed with arugula. The cauliflower soup had a burnt taste as well. My son did not enjoy his kids' pizza either. The water glasses had a strange odor of being unwashed or sitting on a wet towel. When we asked them to replace, they prompt did but the new glasses had the same odor--just not as strong. I wish we had tried other restaurants in the town. Next time. 4/5 points for the service but getting the check took forever.

Date of visit: November 2017