“Yum yum ”
Review of Root 246

Root 246
Reserve with OpenTable
Root 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Solvang
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Happy Valentine’s Day! My SO surprised me for dinner here. We walked in and they sat us right away and gave me a long stem red rose (Love this place already!).

Our waitress, Jansen, came by shortly after and poured us water and took our drink order. I ordered the American Mule (their version of Moscow mule) and my SO got the old fashioned made with Blanton’s bourbon whiskey.

For appetizers we ordered the “Caesar salad, romaine, garlic, butter crouton” and the “charred heirloom carrots, yogurt,orange blossom, pistachio.” The carrots were very tasty. Had a little spice to them so if you’re sensitive to spicy food, you might want to avoid.

For our main course, I ordered the “buttermilk fried chicken, whipped yukon gold potatoes, house dill pickle” and my SO got the “filet mignon, roasted pasilla pepper mash, heirloom cauliflower, sauce bordelaise”. Wow! The roasted pasilla pepper mash was my favorite! Also if you try the fried chicken, make sure you you have a bite that consists of the chicken, potato, and pickle. Super tasty!

And of course we got dessert! We got the chocolate long stem strawberries with gold flakes. It came with two large strawberries, dipped in chocolate and had gold sprinkled on top. Fantastic way to end the evening.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful mid range restaurant in Solvang California... the food is amazing, the associates take time to enjoy conversation, and the casual and at times business casual environment is terrific... Starters, main dish, and deserts are all homemade from truly basic organic foods that are sustainable and often one of a kind... the freshness of the food is truly welcomed. On this trip we ate there twice... truly a gem of a place to bring my wife ... look forward to coming back again...

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Made a last minute reservation here after arriving in Solvang. We weren’t real hungry, but figured we should have something after our long day of travel. Our server, Dana was great. We asked to split a salad and the braised short rib. We figured it would be a small portion. Boy, we were wrong, the salad was more than enough and I swear the braised short rib was a FULL serving. The short rib was pull apart tinder and had just the right amount of seasoning. It was our second anniversary and Dana made sure it was special with a deconstructed s’more to finish the meal! The only reason for the 4 rating was the table was a little short and the chairs were kinda huge! Thanks again for a great time!

1  Thank 2ReadyforVacation
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Upscale farm-to-table, American cuisine restaurant with great ambience and attentive staff. I had mussels and French fries (moules frites). The duck fat fries were perfect and the mussels’ broth was excellent.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

It had been some time since I visited Root 246 for dinner. It was my birthday and my daughter and I wanted something special. We found our experience very ordinary and that was disappointing.

1  Thank Pat R

Been to Root 246? Share your experiences!