“Delicious and Wonderful Service”
Review of Root 246

Root 246
Reserve with OpenTable
Root 246 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 72 Restaurants in Solvang
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We ate at the bar and had the filet tacos, grilled cheese and a couple glasses of wine. Delicious. They had more then enough staff to stop by wihtout being over zealous. Kep our drinks coming as we needed, The tacos were to die for...would go back just for those. The grilled cheese wasn't made right so it was taken off our bill and they offered to make another one, but we stuck with more tacos! And actually the bartender noticed we hadn't eaten even a quarter of the grilled cheese and asked what we didn't like about it. We loved that they asked and would never have complained, but they geniunely wanted to know our opinion. Amazing! Would go back without hesitation for drinks or dinner!

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This restaurant offers a bar and a separate dining room. The bar is spacious for a larger group. The food was average at best and pricey. We ordered the brussle sprouts as an appitizer. They were very good although not differet from any other that we have had. My son had the beef and pasta dish that had really only 3 fork fulls of beef. Definitely not worth the cost. I ordered the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. The potatoes were runny but somewhat tasty and the chicken was really fried too long and tasted a bit burnt. Our server and everyone else there was friendly and kind.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We enjoyed Root 246 our first night so much we returned for a second. The seating is intimate and I suggest reservations! We did not have them and were visiting just after the 101 had to sadly be closed due to this winter's weather and unfortunate circumstances. Hence, we were able to find a table both evenings.

The ambience is romantic, eclectic and comfortable - the seats we were in (the dining area, not the bar, although the bar seating is fun as well) were individual, high-backed cushioned chairs. Had we been a group of four there were sofas for seating a larger party.

Service? Fantastic. Food? Beverages? All 100% wonderful.

1  Thank Newlovenewlife2012
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

Happy Valentine’s Day! My SO surprised me for dinner here. We walked in and they sat us right away and gave me a long stem red rose (Love this place already!).

Our waitress, Jansen, came by shortly after and poured us water and took our drink order. I ordered the American Mule (their version of Moscow mule) and my SO got the old fashioned made with Blanton’s bourbon whiskey.

For appetizers we ordered the “Caesar salad, romaine, garlic, butter crouton” and the “charred heirloom carrots, yogurt,orange blossom, pistachio.” The carrots were very tasty. Had a little spice to them so if you’re sensitive to spicy food, you might want to avoid.

For our main course, I ordered the “buttermilk fried chicken, whipped yukon gold potatoes, house dill pickle” and my SO got the “filet mignon, roasted pasilla pepper mash, heirloom cauliflower, sauce bordelaise”. Wow! The roasted pasilla pepper mash was my favorite! Also if you try the fried chicken, make sure you you have a bite that consists of the chicken, potato, and pickle. Super tasty!

And of course we got dessert! We got the chocolate long stem strawberries with gold flakes. It came with two large strawberries, dipped in chocolate and had gold sprinkled on top. Fantastic way to end the evening.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful mid range restaurant in Solvang California... the food is amazing, the associates take time to enjoy conversation, and the casual and at times business casual environment is terrific... Starters, main dish, and deserts are all homemade from truly basic organic foods that are sustainable and often one of a kind... the freshness of the food is truly welcomed. On this trip we ate there twice... truly a gem of a place to bring my wife ... look forward to coming back again...