“Nice Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Solvang
Thousand Oaks, CA
“Nice Boutique Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

Friendly, competent staff, nice, updated rooms, owned by the Chumash Indian Casino.

1 Thank SweetChamois

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Thousand Oaks, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

A very nice hotel with an updated, modern feel. The check in is at a desk, with a very personal feel, and done by friendly, knowledgable staff. The rooms are comfortable, with nice beds, bedding and pillows. It is owned by the Chumash indians, so there is an hourly shuttle to the Chumash Casino, and while we were there, they were running a special that gave new visitors to the casino $50 in free play if they signed up for the players card.

All of the staff, from the check in and bell service to the maid service, were friendly and provided exceptional service.

Room Tip: We staying in a basic room, which overlooked the pool and a lovely view of the mountains. They do o...
2 Thank Robin L
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We got to Hotel Corque at 6 pm and were told the room was still not ready and to come back in 45 minutes or so. It really put me off. When we got back to the hotel after about an hour it all turned around everyone was kind and our room was ready. The front desk check in guy told us of local spots to see and tour. He was so kind and made us dinner reservation for a really great restaurant. Everyone was kind and really welcoming. Great location close to everything. The room was very clean. I would 100% go back and highly recommend this hotel.

2 Thank tae2qt
Culver City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

I was looking for a hotel that was 'convenient' to town and that was somewhat upscale because i really needed to 'get away' from it all. The hotel was nice enough with an inviting lobby and fireplace. The rooms were clean with a big screen TV and a small fridge, a sitting area, desk, and nice bathrooms. What could be bad? One reservations agent turned me off. When I asked if I could have a different room (because they put me right next to lobby staring out the window into Valet parking)...they said I had purchased a standard room and very condescendingly said, "Next time I call, ask for a better room and they'll be able to give you one and tell you the rates?" Helloooooo. I didn't have a problem with the room, I had a problem with where it was! Suffice it to say, my dreams of reading and looking out the window at the green mountains, went out the window. Also, i thought there was a breakfast and there was none. Good hotel for cleanliness, shuttle to Chumash Casino, and walking distance to everything....the help I could do without. I left one day early.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the second floor or above....even if you have a 'standard' room.
4 Thank missfussbudget
Sherman Oaks, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

The last time I stayed at Hotel Corque, I had an issue with the people at the check in. They were unhelpful to the point of being arrogant and were anything but accomodating. Please refer to my past review of this hotel. This time, it was worse. My partner and I decided to give the place a second chance and we booked two nights for our Anniversary. We each had our own discount coupon and so we booked the two nights separately. We spoke to Katie who absolutely agreed to allow us to stay in the same room for the two nights. We emphasized this repeatedly and she assured us repeatedly that there would be no issue. We spent the first night in a very nice room, we had requested the mountain side. The next morning when I went down to check back in on my coupon and credit card we were told we had to move to a "lesser" room. Our level room was not available anymore. We explained that we were told this was not going to happen and that we had unpacked and had slept in late...to no avail. Basically, take what they are giving us or we can check out and leave. We were moved to a room on the busy street side with all kinds of traffic and restaurant noise. I asked for the manager and was sent over to the Chumash Resort to see someone named Nino. He was not in that day and instead we were met by the assistant manager, Alan. He listened to our complaints from both stays and was very understanding and apologetic...even hinting that we would be "taken care of" due to their poor customer service. I have been to many of the major hotel chains and when we have had a legitmate complaint, we are usually comped a night or given some type of discount or meal coupon...something to say that we are valued customers. Alan informed us he would speak to Jim, the Hotel Corque manager and phone us later that night. We wasted most of that day trying to get what was rightly ours and what was promised to us. At nearly nine that night, Alan phoned to say that Jim was very sorry and that for our trouble they would give us....AN UPGRADED ROOM ON OUR NEXT STAY??? So basically the only compensation we were going to get was if we decided to give them more money to be treated just as poorly? My family has been in the travel business for over thirty years and this is just not how you treat guests...no matter how much they are paying. I will give the other properties my business from now on. Beware the Chumash come on with the Players Club coupon.

10 Thank lakotalisa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Solvang
0.5 km away
Santa Ynez Inn
#1 of 3 in Santa Ynez
0.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Solvang

Been to Hotel Corque? Share your experiences!