“Consistently excellent.”
Review of Shiro

Shiro
Reserve with OpenTable
Shiro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$32 - US$55
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fair Oaks Ave.
Transit: South Pasadena Metro Station .4 miles from the Restaurant
Description: Our food is only the best of the ingredients presented so that their excellence shines through. Our caring staff is here to help you enjoy your meal. We have a full bar.
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Shiro in South Pasadena is removed from the bustle of downtown LA, which is nice in itself. (Free on-street parking!) I’ve eaten here several times; always superb. The food is imaginatively prepared— such as the asparagus salad starter — and perfectly cooked—as was the loup de mer. Considering the quality, the pricing is fair. The ambiance retains the casualness of a neighborhood place. All in all, a wonderful evening.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

After an evening stroll down Mission St. during a street fair, the GF and I were looking for a bite to eat. We noticed Shiro, and she had heard good things about it. We were seated immediately, and a cheerful waiter was ready with menus. We found a wine that we liked on the wine list, and it arrived in just a few minutes. We ordered the spring rolls appetizer and a salmon main dish, with some veggies on the side. The spring rolls were perfectly prepared and wonderfully flavored; the salmon was some of the best I've had in a restaurant, lightly seasoned and not overcooked. The portion was ample for the two of us to share. We left Shiro happily well fed!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

My fiancé and I went here for her birthday and since last year we dined in Paris on this day we wanted something special and Shiro impressed in every way. From the moment we walked in we were treated warmly allowed to choose where we wanted to sit. We had both salads on the menu as well as the uni pasta first and they were delightful. She had the catfish and we both loved it and actually took some home as it is a very nice size fish. I had the lamb chops and they were quite possibly the best I ever had. The wine was excellent and the service prompt and efficient without being overbearing. We are looking forward to eating here again as soon as possible. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

At four o'clock chiefs menu for the night will be posted but do not wait till the last minute to go. They have been one of the top rated places to go for years. I would suggest the Catfish, which is now unique to this restaurant. and is enough to share. Enjoy great appetizers Wine and desserts and be prepared. To spend a full evening. Parking is next door, you will not be rushed and unlike many current places you can enjoy conversation and not a lot of background noise. They style of food is Asian fusion. A great spot for family events, a Romanic evening ,

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We have been Shiro's customer for a number of years. We had another opportunity to visit Shiro for the DineLA menu. We came here with another couple and all of us except myself ordered from the DineLA menu. Everyone enjoyed the three courses dinner with House-Smoked Salmon on Potato Pancake followed by Canadian Sea Scallops and Apple Pie as the dessert. I went back to my favorite dish Fried Catfish (3 lbs). As always both food and service were fairly good.