We needed a place to stay for an early flight. The updated lobby doesn't transfer to the rooms. The first reaction we had when we walked into the room was the overbearing smell of bleach and other chemicals, think nursing home. We tried to lay down and relax but the traffic outside was obnoxiously loud, there was no difference in sound between the window being opened or closed. When we got back from dinner we tried to charge our phones but there was only one outlet on the other side of the room. We tried to watch tv while our phones charged but the stations kept cutting in and out or just freezing. We gave up on everything and just went to bed. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper but at 1am I woke up because of people talking in the hallways and opening and closing doors, needless to say the walls are very thin. We woke up at 3am to catch our flight and I had a couple bits behind my knee, it's possible it didn't happen in the room but I didn't notice when I woke up earlier. I go into the bathroom to get ready and there's a giant spider running around the tub, I don't do spiders so we packed up and got out of the room. I inform the lady at the front desk and she says "yea that happens all the time"...wasn't expecting that. While waiting for my receipt in the lobby another spider ran across the floor. We waited outside until the shuttle got there at 4.
Final thoughts: if you're not comfortable in staying at a motel 6 you won't be comfortable here. There's plenty of other options in the area, we regret having chose this one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a few minutes north of the San Francisco International Airport, Hotel Focus SFO is your newly renovated (March 2017), convenient, tech-savvy, and eco-friendly place to stay. International and domestic travelers to the Bay Area will find the hotel a great resting spot or starting point for your San Francisco Bay area visit. The hotel is located near Bay Area attractions and businesses, activity centers, and transportation. Casual and business travelers will enjoy the free Superfast Wi-Fi, IMediaCast panels for your smart devices, and charging stations in each guest room. Long term parking and free airport shuttle are available to park and fly from SFO. Free Continental breakfast is provided and rooms feature satellite TV with HBO, seating area with work desk in all rooms, satellite TV with HBO, tea and coffee-making facilities and free toiletries. A concierge service is provided to help guests navigate the area. A 24-hour front desk, free coffee in the lobby, coin-operated laundry room, airport departures/arrivals board in the lobby, and vending machines are also available for guest convenience. The Golden Gate Bridge is 30 minutes’ drive away and downtown San Francisco is 11 miles from the property.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Focus SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn San Francisco Airport (North) Hotel South San Francisco
- Motel 6 San Francisco
- South San Francisco Motel 6
- South San Francisco Motel Six
- Motel 6 South San Francisco
- Motel Six South San Francisco