I booked a 4 night stay at this hotel directly through the Hotel Focus SFO company website and took a screenshot of my confirmation number as displayed through the company website. I also took a screenshot of the description of the room as described on the company website. I also had my e-mail confirmation. The confirmation email lists everything including price, room type, confirmation number, etc.. It really has everything you need.
After check-in, We make our inside our room, 307, and my friends and I noticed right away that it was unusually hot in that room. The A/C units on the wall and on the floor were broken. Both of them. I walked downstairs and complained to the clerk, "Venido Angelito" and he simply told me to try turning it on, as if we haven't tried to troubleshoot the problem ourselves. I listened to his instructions, and explained we had already tried that. He sent a maintenance man up there, and soon after the A/C was fixed. The wall unit wasn't adjusted as tightly as it should have been and the connections were loose. I was then comfortable enough to examine the room, and I noticed the dresser handles were broken, raw, splintered, and barely attached. Fine. I can ignore that. The bathroom is so small the sink is literally outside the bathroom. Fine, we can work around that. But the straw that broke the camel's back is that this room only had 2 full beds. I specifically paid extra for a Premium room that they titled "Precidio Queen - ADA". I preceded back downstairs and approached Venido Angelito.
Despite how I prepared I was, the front desk attendant "Venido Angelito" insisted on arguing with me for a straight 20 minutes that I only booked 2 full beds in a basic room. I booked a Presidio Queen - ADA. Which includes Refrigerator, 2 TV's, A King sized bed and a Sofa Bed, as well double the square footage. I showed him my receipt, my screenshots of the reservation number that was taken DIRECTLY from the company website, and I showed him DIRECTLY on the company website all the amenities included in the Precidio Queen - ADA room that were missing from the room he checked me into. He refused to listen to my complaints stating that the confirmation number I had was fake, my email was wrong, and that the Precidio Room's do not come with those amenities.
I demanded to speak to the sales manager, and after a 10 minute wait, she finally came down. She analyzed the situation, reviewed my evidence, apologized for the inconvenience, and promptly switched my party out of room 307, and into room 302 - The room I paid for.
Despite me getting what I wanted, I do not recommend this hotel. The hotel clerk Venido Angelito is vile and unprofessional and will try to take advantage of travelers non-local to the San Francisco area. The bathroom doors do not lock. The Hotel elevator is not up to code as it is an old maintenance elevator, has no commercial license, and no emergency fail-safes. The continental breakfast (which ends at 9AM) consists of stale bagels, apples, a waffle maker, and 3 generic cereal brands.
If you're reading this, DO NOT come to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a few minutes north of the San Francisco International Airport, Hotel Focus SFO is your newly renovated (March 2017), convenient, tech-savvy, and eco-friendly place to stay. International and domestic travelers to the Bay Area will find the hotel a great resting spot or starting point for your San Francisco Bay area visit. The hotel is located near Bay Area attractions and businesses, activity centers, and transportation. Casual and business travelers will enjoy the free Superfast Wi-Fi, IMediaCast panels for your smart devices, and charging stations in each guest room. Long term parking and free airport shuttle are available to park and fly from SFO. Free Continental breakfast is provided and rooms feature satellite TV with HBO, seating area with work desk in all rooms, satellite TV with HBO, tea and coffee-making facilities and free toiletries. A concierge service is provided to help guests navigate the area. A 24-hour front desk, free coffee in the lobby, coin-operated laundry room, airport departures/arrivals board in the lobby, and vending machines are also available for guest convenience. The Golden Gate Bridge is 30 minutes’ drive away and downtown San Francisco is 11 miles from the property.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Focus SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn San Francisco Airport (North) Hotel South San Francisco
- Motel 6 San Francisco
- South San Francisco Motel 6
- South San Francisco Motel Six
- Motel 6 South San Francisco
- Motel Six South San Francisco