“Unprofessional, Uncaring, and Unacceptable.”
Review of Hotel Focus SFO

GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I booked a 4 night stay at this hotel directly through the Hotel Focus SFO company website and took a screenshot of my confirmation number as displayed through the company website. I also took a screenshot of the description of the room as described on the company website. I also had my e-mail confirmation. The confirmation email lists everything including price, room type, confirmation number, etc.. It really has everything you need.

After check-in, We make our inside our room, 307, and my friends and I noticed right away that it was unusually hot in that room. The A/C units on the wall and on the floor were broken. Both of them. I walked downstairs and complained to the clerk, "Venido Angelito" and he simply told me to try turning it on, as if we haven't tried to troubleshoot the problem ourselves. I listened to his instructions, and explained we had already tried that. He sent a maintenance man up there, and soon after the A/C was fixed. The wall unit wasn't adjusted as tightly as it should have been and the connections were loose. I was then comfortable enough to examine the room, and I noticed the dresser handles were broken, raw, splintered, and barely attached. Fine. I can ignore that. The bathroom is so small the sink is literally outside the bathroom. Fine, we can work around that. But the straw that broke the camel's back is that this room only had 2 full beds. I specifically paid extra for a Premium room that they titled "Precidio Queen - ADA". I preceded back downstairs and approached Venido Angelito.

Despite how I prepared I was, the front desk attendant "Venido Angelito" insisted on arguing with me for a straight 20 minutes that I only booked 2 full beds in a basic room. I booked a Presidio Queen - ADA. Which includes Refrigerator, 2 TV's, A King sized bed and a Sofa Bed, as well double the square footage. I showed him my receipt, my screenshots of the reservation number that was taken DIRECTLY from the company website, and I showed him DIRECTLY on the company website all the amenities included in the Precidio Queen - ADA room that were missing from the room he checked me into. He refused to listen to my complaints stating that the confirmation number I had was fake, my email was wrong, and that the Precidio Room's do not come with those amenities.

I demanded to speak to the sales manager, and after a 10 minute wait, she finally came down. She analyzed the situation, reviewed my evidence, apologized for the inconvenience, and promptly switched my party out of room 307, and into room 302 - The room I paid for.

Despite me getting what I wanted, I do not recommend this hotel. The hotel clerk Venido Angelito is vile and unprofessional and will try to take advantage of travelers non-local to the San Francisco area. The bathroom doors do not lock. The Hotel elevator is not up to code as it is an old maintenance elevator, has no commercial license, and no emergency fail-safes. The continental breakfast (which ends at 9AM) consists of stale bagels, apples, a waffle maker, and 3 generic cereal brands.

If you're reading this, DO NOT come to this hotel.

Room Tip: Have your confirmation email, as well as a screenshot of the reservation you made directly from the...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank SyTai
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Focus SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear SyTai,

Wow, first and foremost we are deeply sorry to hear about your recent experience at Hotel Focus SFO. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Our Front Office Manager is aware of your situation and will be talking to Venido Angelito and our entire front desk staff. Excellent customer service is our number one priority and we obviously fell short with your stay. Our General Manager will be calling you to discuss further...

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2017

This is the nicest hotel staff I have ever experienced. They are helpful and dedicated to making sure you are satisfied. It is extremely convenient and good for short stays. Excellent customer service.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Focus SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

Dear sammy17173,

Wow! We are glowing after reading your review. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff...we think they are fantastic too! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is a great place to stay for the money. The hotel staff were very friendly and acomodating. The rooms are very clean. The friendly hard working staff along with the clean comfortable room made this hotel a great buy for the money. I would stay here again if passing through Sanfransico again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Dear Aguyandgal231,

Thank you for your kind words and 5 star review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2017

staff here is wonderful - friendly and helpful. the water pressure in the shower was impressive - too bad the showerhead is mounted so low. nice 3-sided courtyard. we love firm mattresses but this one was actually too hard for us (!). bref offerings were waffles, cereals, toast, juice, fruit. airport shuttle every half-hour.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Focus SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear trujim,

Thank you for your great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to Hotel Focus SFO soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2017

The hotel was purchased on Priceline.com as a four Star Hotel among Hilton, Sheraton, and Westin. The hotel, has no fridges in the rooms, no GYM, no Swimming Pool, dirty bathrooms, ripped carpets, spider webs on the curtains, bed bugs, and very manipulative management claiming that they are a four star hotel. However, no official Hotel evaluators have ever assessed these claimed stars except Tripadvisor's Environmental Friendly Bronze evaluation. All I am saying, is that if a hotel has one or two stars, it should be stated so it could be compared to its own level. They lied about their stars to charge higher fees. We paid for a four star ($170 for one rom) and received a one star room. I would not have stayed in this hotel even for Free if it wasn't passed the midnight, but we arrived late and I was out of options. Final comment, they lied and misrepresented their hotel. Fraud is all over their faces. If you do not want to be bitten by bedbugs & spiders, stay away from this Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.7 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.2 km away
Hotel V
Hotel V
#10 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.6 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.3 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Francisco Airport North
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Franc...
#20 of 28 in South San Francisco
4.7 km away
Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn

Been to Hotel Focus SFO? Share your experiences!