They're trying. The check in was friendly enough. I got a bottle of water and two keys. But they charged me $12 for parking. The lobby looked new-ish, but it's hard to hide the low-cost high-flow design of the original building. So low ceilings and narrow corridors, plus paper thin walls all around. The doors felt like they could be pushed open with a credit card.
My room was on the second floor. Was discouraged by the narrow stairway, so tried the ancient elevator. The room was far smaller than in the picture and the bed and linens were of similar low quality. There was no desk in the room. Instead, there was a little "arm desk"---like the ones in middle school classrooms---on the single sofa seat. Plus the bathroom had only space for the toilet and a shower cubicle. I had to wash my hands in the basin next to the door.
These hotels were designed for travelling businessmen to pass the night and move on. All of the redesigns have not managed to make this hotel anymore family friendly.
Still, it's cheap. It's clean. It's in a safe neighborhood again. It's close to the airport. And it's pretty convenient to shops, facilities, and the highway. The best restaurants nearby are at Costco and Quiznos.
Know what you're trading off. And it's ok for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a few minutes north of the San Francisco International Airport, Hotel Focus SFO is your newly renovated (March 2017), convenient, tech-savvy, and eco-friendly place to stay. International and domestic travelers to the Bay Area will find the hotel a great resting spot or starting point for your San Francisco Bay area visit. The hotel is located near Bay Area attractions and businesses, activity centers, and transportation. Casual and business travelers will enjoy the free Superfast Wi-Fi, IMediaCast panels for your smart devices, and charging stations in each guest room. Long term parking and free airport shuttle are available to park and fly from SFO. Free Continental breakfast is provided and rooms feature satellite TV with HBO, seating area with work desk in all rooms, satellite TV with HBO, tea and coffee-making facilities and free toiletries. A concierge service is provided to help guests navigate the area. A 24-hour front desk, free coffee in the lobby, coin-operated laundry room, airport departures/arrivals board in the lobby, and vending machines are also available for guest convenience. The Golden Gate Bridge is 30 minutes’ drive away and downtown San Francisco is 11 miles from the property.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Focus SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn San Francisco Airport (North) Hotel South San Francisco
- Motel 6 San Francisco
- South San Francisco Motel 6
- South San Francisco Motel Six
- Motel 6 South San Francisco
- Motel Six South San Francisco