Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Pointe Hotel(South San Francisco)
View Hotel
Hotel V(South San Francisco)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
Travelodge South San Francisco(South San Francisco)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscharging stationmanager georgeclose to the airportfree shuttlenice bedbasic hotelshort stayneeded a place to staysan franciscocomfortable roomrecommend this hotelhotel is locatedper nightcomplimentary breakfastshuttle servicelitaalba
Reviewed 2 August 2017

I know SFO is a big city and you have to expect high hotel prices, but $280 for this hole in the wall? Ive paid half the price in NYC for a way better hotel. The bathroom was tiny and if you're tall you will have to stoop over to get under the shower head. Only way to turn the hairdryer on/off was by plugging it in or unplugging it. I asked for a room near the gym, do not ever ask for that. They accommodated me but every time someone ran on the treadmill my room shook. It was clean but things were not put away properly, there was a no smoking sign in the trash can and some kind of wrapper on the floor next to the bed. The breakfast was comparable to what I had at a $50 red roof inn where I stayed because they let my dog and cat in. If it was a $50 hotel I would say the breakfast was great, but at $280/nite they should've been cooking up omelets. They didn't even have OJ. When it came time to take the airport shuttle, they couldn't find the driver for awhile. They also had trouble running my credit card because their was some glitch in their system. On the positive side, the staff were very nice and they tried to be helpful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the fitness center!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Focus SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Sue T,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Focus SFO. We appreciate your comments positive or negative as they help us improve for future guests. We are saddened to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are pleased to know our staff were very helpful in trying to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This is the cheapest or close to the cheapest hotel in the area. The service is good, friendly check in. The room don't give a clean or inviting feel. They are badly in need if a redo. The bathroom sink is 2 inches from the room door and not in the bathroom. Walls are thin so noises from hall and other room are clear and loud. The bed gave me an unclean feeling. There is no smoking in the hotel but is allowed in the courtyard so the smoke comes right into the rooms facing it. The free breakfast is ok. Waffles, cereal and bagels. No protein offered. They did have yogurt one of the 3 days I was there but we're out the other 2.
The hotel is located a $15 Uber ride from SFO (free shuttle also). But is near nothing else. There are many other hotel choices in the area. Only stay here if price is your only deciding factor.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is situated near downtown SFO. Good hotel, good people. Specially ladies 8n the front office are of great help in terms of city guide and foods of your choice. We enjoyed our stay and recommend it.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Focus SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Sujay D,

Thank you for the great 4 star review! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

Below par hotel. No great service. Room extremely small and the bathroom is the smallest I have seen. It's so small that they have the wash basin in the room itself. No microwave. Free WiFi and breakfast. The hotel did not have tooth brushes when requested for. With the price they quote it's not worth at all. Many other good options available. They have free parking.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear HP02,

We are sad to hear you didn't not enjoy your stay at Hotel Focus SFO. We apologize that you feel you did not receive your money's worth. We strive to have our guests 100% satisfied upon departure and it appears we fell a bit short with your stay. Please know our Presidio Queen and King rooms do have a microwave in them. If you choose to give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I booked a 4 night stay at this hotel directly through the Hotel Focus SFO company website and took a screenshot of my confirmation number as displayed through the company website. I also took a screenshot of the description of the room as described on the company website. I also had my e-mail confirmation. The confirmation email lists everything including price, room type, confirmation number, etc.. It really has everything you need.

After check-in, We make our inside our room, 307, and my friends and I noticed right away that it was unusually hot in that room. The A/C units on the wall and on the floor were broken. Both of them. I walked downstairs and complained to the clerk, "Venido Angelito" and he simply told me to try turning it on, as if we haven't tried to troubleshoot the problem ourselves. I listened to his instructions, and explained we had already tried that. He sent a maintenance man up there, and soon after the A/C was fixed. The wall unit wasn't adjusted as tightly as it should have been and the connections were loose. I was then comfortable enough to examine the room, and I noticed the dresser handles were broken, raw, splintered, and barely attached. Fine. I can ignore that. The bathroom is so small the sink is literally outside the bathroom. Fine, we can work around that. But the straw that broke the camel's back is that this room only had 2 full beds. I specifically paid extra for a Premium room that they titled "Precidio Queen - ADA". I preceded back downstairs and approached Venido Angelito.

Despite how I prepared I was, the front desk attendant "Venido Angelito" insisted on arguing with me for a straight 20 minutes that I only booked 2 full beds in a basic room. I booked a Presidio Queen - ADA. Which includes Refrigerator, 2 TV's, A King sized bed and a Sofa Bed, as well double the square footage. I showed him my receipt, my screenshots of the reservation number that was taken DIRECTLY from the company website, and I showed him DIRECTLY on the company website all the amenities included in the Precidio Queen - ADA room that were missing from the room he checked me into. He refused to listen to my complaints stating that the confirmation number I had was fake, my email was wrong, and that the Precidio Room's do not come with those amenities.

I demanded to speak to the sales manager, and after a 10 minute wait, she finally came down. She analyzed the situation, reviewed my evidence, apologized for the inconvenience, and promptly switched my party out of room 307, and into room 302 - The room I paid for.

Despite me getting what I wanted, I do not recommend this hotel. The hotel clerk Venido Angelito is vile and unprofessional and will try to take advantage of travelers non-local to the San Francisco area. The bathroom doors do not lock. The Hotel elevator is not up to code as it is an old maintenance elevator, has no commercial license, and no emergency fail-safes. The continental breakfast (which ends at 9AM) consists of stale bagels, apples, a waffle maker, and 3 generic cereal brands.

If you're reading this, DO NOT come to this hotel.

Room Tip: Have your confirmation email, as well as a screenshot of the reservation you made directly from the company website.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank SyTai
ManagerDM, Manager at Hotel Focus SFO, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2017

Dear SyTai,

Wow, first and foremost we are deeply sorry to hear about your recent experience at Hotel Focus SFO. We apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. Our Front Office Manager is aware of your situation and will be talking to Venido Angelito and our entire front desk staff. Excellent customer service is our number one priority and we obviously fell short with your stay. Our General Manager will be calling you to discuss further...