I find reviewing the Hotel Focus does take a little FOCUS. Focusing on the Good and Bad.
GOOD Location: Located close to Freeway access for travel into San Francisco or Peninsula. There is not doubt that the location is great... Close to Airport, yet close to everything else.
BAD Location: You're kind of in No MANS land next to the freeway. Nothing around. If you're going to be traveling to see San Francisco and don't mind driving into the City or using Public Transit, you're in OK shape.
Good Service: Rooms cleaned everyday and they offer airport shuttle.
BAD Service: Guest computer was down and front desk wasn't very savvy on printing boarding passes without you giving them your personal info.. Room wasn't always fully restocked with towels and the like.
Good Amenities: Premium Coffee in the room. Multi-port charger in room. Showers Hot. Iron, Hair dryer and ironing Board. TV was large and offered many channels. AC worked good. Offered Breakfast.
BAD Amenities: Beds were hard, Rooms were small and cramped. No Fridge or Microwave. One chair, NO Desk. No closet or Bathroom counter space. Breakfast consists of Bread, cereal, fruit, hardboiled eggs, coffee, tea, bagels..... all kind of nasty. Charge for parking...
Good Facility Conditions: Everything worked in the rooms. Building older, but OK. Rooms Clean but had cleaning solution smell.
Bad Facility Conditions: One elevator that was kinda clunky and old. The rooms are a cross of newer and older furnishings. Cleaning solution smells. There is definite wear seen all over facility.. Windows dirty.
Conclusion: If the room was less cramped and the bed was more comfortable, I would have been happier, but overall... the place is OK with a few annoyances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a few minutes north of the San Francisco International Airport, Hotel Focus SFO is your newly renovated (March 2017), convenient, tech-savvy, and eco-friendly place to stay. International and domestic travelers to the Bay Area will find the hotel a great resting spot or starting point for your San Francisco Bay area visit. The hotel is located near Bay Area attractions and businesses, activity centers, and transportation. Casual and business travelers will enjoy the free Superfast Wi-Fi, IMediaCast panels for your smart devices, and charging stations in each guest room. Long term parking and free airport shuttle are available to park and fly from SFO. Free Continental breakfast is provided and rooms feature satellite TV with HBO, seating area with work desk in all rooms, satellite TV with HBO, tea and coffee-making facilities and free toiletries. A concierge service is provided to help guests navigate the area. A 24-hour front desk, free coffee in the lobby, coin-operated laundry room, airport departures/arrivals board in the lobby, and vending machines are also available for guest convenience. The Golden Gate Bridge is 30 minutes’ drive away and downtown San Francisco is 11 miles from the property.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Focus SFO reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vagabond Inn San Francisco Airport (North) Hotel South San Francisco
- Motel 6 San Francisco
- South San Francisco Motel 6
- South San Francisco Motel Six
- Motel 6 South San Francisco
- Motel Six South San Francisco