All reviews waffles close to the airport front desk san francisco room was clean airport hotel nina sfo shuttle parking
Reviewed 11 November 2016

I stayed here after a flight delay led me to missing my connecting flight and United placed me in this hotel. When I arrived there was a long queue as a number of passengers from my flight had arrived already but it cleared pretty quickly. The gentlemen at the front desk (can't remember his name but he was working after midnight) was extremely friendly and gave me some options for food as well as letting me know what I might be able to do in San Fran the next day as my flight wasn't until the following evening.

I didn't have a great night's sleep but that was to do with being stressed from missing my flight connection. One issue was the window for the room didn't appear to have curtains so I awoke with the light of the new day coming in.

The next morning, I was able to have the complimentary buffet breakfast downstairs and when checking out, I left my bags as well as being given easy instructions on how to catch the bus into San Francisco. I was able to let them know what time I was returning so they could organise the free shuttle to take me back to the airport.

Despite the circumstances of my stay, I was satisfied with my lodging and especially the staff who work there.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
hospitalitywithsmile, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2016

Thank you for completing our on line survey.We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We arrived at the airport and called for the courtesy hotel shuttle ... A gentleman in a black Mercedes picked us up...He was very friendly and informed us that he has a contract with the hotel...Even though , it was rush hour , he arrived within 12 minutes of our call.....It was a short 10 minutes to the hotel....We thanked him for his prompt service and tipped accordingly...Great personal Touch!!!
The front desk receptionist (Janmesh) made us feel very comfortable and provided with very helpful information on good restaurants in the City...He placed us in Room 210...That room had very quick internet access and had been recently remodeled.
This is our SECOND STAY at this Quality Inn within 4mos....No complaints and will return back in December...Hope to see Janmesh again...Oh, he even printed out or airline tickets when we asked without any complaints!!!

Room Tip: always stay on the upper floors away from the elevators
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
hospitalitywithsmile, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding.
Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be even more pleasant than the previous stay.

Reviewed 5 November 2016

Room was quite big and had a nice sized small refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot with complimentary coffee.
It is not a 'fancy' hotel, but clean and the included breakfast was very good.
You could ask for eggs prepared for you, waffle mix available to make your own waffles, cereals, fruit, pastries etc.
We had to wait quite a while for a pick up from the airport, but our ride back was punctual at the requested time.

Room Tip: I always ask for upper floor, away from elevator and were happy with this
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 October 2016

Positives - close proximity to the airport, free shuttle service (in my case, they sent a private car), very friendly ownership, free internet, free breakfast, clean room.

Negatives - very expensive (even though it was Fleet Week, the highest posted rate on the door was $265 [ridiculous anyway for a Quality Inn], but they charged me $299), poor quality showerhead, no in-house restaurant.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2016

ANATOMY OF A GREAT STAY WITH A WELL RUN HOTEL. Quality Inn (QI) is of course a 'B" class chain but in a over priced city like San Francisco there are several advantages.

NUMBER ONE: this is a very well run property for a nice budget priced hotel. Specifically Quiet, Non-Smoking, Clean, Well staffed for it's size, Friendly especially when you are, and Orderly.

Hotel Breakfast service offers Eggs, Breads, Waffles, Ham/Sausage, Fruit and Cereal with Coffee, Apple juice, Orange juice and Milk. FRESH OMELETTES MADE to order with your choice of Onions, Ham, Peppers, Mushrooms Cheese, fresh eggs - you order omelettes at the roll-up serving window. All included in your standard room price. I'd suggest a $1 tip is appreciated when ordering omelettes.

ROOM: Typical sleeping room matching the internet pictures. It's comfortable room with nice sized bathroom. Sink in the aisle with separate shower/toilet space allows two people to conveniently get ready at the same time. This is a smaller property with good maid service. Even my "ex" would agree.

LOCATION: QI is located 3.3 miles east from the airport passenger terminal, parallel to the runway. Zero of the flights takeoff or land over your head. Noise is not an issue. We kept the windows open in the evening until after breakfast the next day to enjoy the beautiful weather. Within walking distance is Mc Donalds fast food, Sixt car rental, Houlihans restaurant. Past these you need a ride. Nearest big store is Target about 10 minutes away through several stop lights.

We had wonderful business dinner with wine at Houlihans twice and saved several hundred $$ by staying a couple blocks away at QI. I will apply that savings to an upcoming holiday pleasure trip for upgrades at 5 star resort. Hint guys: ALWAYS plan more than one spa day for your woman & you to enjoy together. I'd strongly suggest investing an hour massage on her every day, far better idea than paying someone else to massage your woman. Will payoff double+ in her attitude and kinder words.

IN ADDITION the South San Francisco Convention Center (a wonderful find) is only a 5 minute walk about 3 blocks north.

PRICE: Arriving Sunday afternoon for 3 nights leaving Wednesday $613 with taxes.

AIRPORT TRANSPORTION: Upon arrival proceed to baggage claim. When you have your bags call QI @ 650-875-7878 for a car to pick you up. QI does not run a regular shuttle, instead Mr. Patel and his staff will call a taxi or Bakshi limo/executive car service which will probably arrive in 5-8 minutes from you call. Hotel pays for the ride. Customary tip is $2 per passenger with $1 per bag.

GETTING AROUND: Your choices are Lyft/Uber, Bakshi Limo/Executive car (which we used & will recommend). SamTrans city bus route 208 $3 to downtown in 35 minutes. BART station requires a car ride since distance on your phone shows 1.5 miles yet the roads you must take at closer to 6 miles each way. Using BART at the airport adds $5 upcharge, Next nearest station is San Bruno.
I will add a well deserved plug for Mr. Praveen Bakshi's car service Ph 415-410-4212 since he is prompt, professional and always got us to where we needed to be on time in his nice mercedes.

GOING HOME: We checked out early to finish day 3 of our conference. Hotel kept our bags for us and setup an appointment with Mr. Bakshi for return to the airport at 4pm. After the conference ended we returned to the hotel for a ride back to the airport. Mr. Bakshi loaded up our bags and wished us to the airport in his Mercedes exactly as promised. Apparently QI paid for the return ride. We tipped & headed home knowning this was a good trip worth repeating.

DEPARTURE MEAL: SFO terminal has several good places you probably noticed during arrival. Food quality is very good. Average price for hot lunch of dinner at the terminal is $13-18. Box meal aboard flight is probably $7-10. I'd suggest the terminal with nice table before you board. Restaurants at the gate have wonderful views of the mountains with nice cocktails. Excellent use of waiting time before boarding.

EXTRA TIPS: Weather is semi calm to very breezy/windy. Bring a windbreaker or comfortable jacket. Temperature goes down 20 degrees at night. During our trip the high was 85, a local heatwave.

If BART goes where you want to go simply pay a car from the hotel to San Bruno station $15. Remmber it's a 45 year old train and will have noisy moments during the ride. Ride to Balboa Park, Civic Center or Embarcaro $8-14 round trip per person. Bueno Vista Cafe in Bueno Vista park is good urban park for people watching enjoying a glass of wine or cocktail with some eclectic locals. (As always in urban parks beware of pickpockets).

Semper fidelis,
Dave

Room Tip: Enjoyed the 3rd floor. Slept great with windows open.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
hospitalitywithsmile, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites -- South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey,.

Nina