“Very good food”

Saigon
Ranked #77 of 557 Restaurants in Stockton
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I had lunch with a friend at this restaurant as a nearby choice was closed. I was clean and well furnished with mirrors on the walls enhancing the perceived size. The food was very good and the service efficient. The older lady who was our server was very regimented, almost as if she was in the military. There a minimal amount of conversing with her and she seemed afraid to make a mistake, slowly counting out the change from a $50 bill I used to pay for lunch. Unfortunately her demeanor put a cloud on the dining experience. The interior, though attractive felt a bit cold and uninviting. Perhaps a little music in the background would help. I doubt I will return.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

A wide variety of Vietnamese dishes are available at Saigon. As an extra nice touch, the waitress encouraged us to try an appetizer. She said she would not charge our group, if we did not like it. We were happy to pay - it was delicious.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Saigon has long been a favorite eatery. The couple who own it are friendly and very helpful if you are not familiar with the foods. The food is exceptionally good and servings are plentiful. We have tried all the soups and find them excellent. Another favorite is the shrimp with green onion. We always order extra and take some home. This is a jewel waiting to be discovered.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Living on the outside of Stockton I have gone to this restaurant many times, and the food is always so good. It is Vietnamese food and simply the best I have ever eaten. Everything is always fresh and cooked so well. If you don't know what to order, just ask, and they will explain and help you decide what you might like best. The service is out of this world, and since day one they always have know my name. Oh yes, if you do like the food, be sure to get on their New Year celebration Lunch or Dinner list, as the Entertainment and Food are just wonderful...I will be sure not to miss this celebration ever again! ENJOY!

Reviewed 20 July 2012

Let me say that the owner is a true delight! This place is a gem in the heart of Stockton on Pacific Avenue (Miracle Mile). I told the owner that I was vegan and she proudly told me that she has lots of options available as she is vegetarian. She highly recommended her Crispy Tofu which she makes herself (she actually makes the tofu herself). It was DELICIOUS! The food can be made as mild or spicy as you want and the ingredients were all very fresh tasting and well prepared. The decor was very tasteful and there was a cool clock in the shape of Vietnam on the wall surrounded by a map of Asia. It was really neat. We also ordered the Vegetarian Spring Rolls and they were excellent. The flavors were sublime and they were perfectly rolled. I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Also note that the hours have been listed wrong on the http://google.com website and she has been trying to resolve this for a while. The correct hours are Monday - Saturday from 11am - 9pm everyday. I can't wait to go back and try some more entree's from Saigon Vietnam Restaurant!

Been to Saigon? Share your experiences!