TownePlace Suites Sunnyvale Mountain View
US$88
Country Inn
Savings alert! 49% below average rates

The price you found is 49% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$173/night.

Wild Palms Hotel - a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$167
Best Western Silicon Valley Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

Larkspur Landing Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$118
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$125
Residence Inn
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$269/night.

Maple Tree Inn(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

The Domain Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$191/night.

The Grand Hotel(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$138
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$199/night.

Corporate Inn Sunnyvale(Sunnyvale)(Great Value!)
US$169
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$216/night.

US$99
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 51% below average rates

The price you found is 51% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$200/night.

All reviewstwo bedroom suitesafeway grocery storehot breakfast itemsyogurtfree breakfast in the morningsmall kitchenettefree internetmini kitchennight staystayed one nightpalo altoample parkingcomfortable staybusiness tripcoffee makerfront desk stafffirst floor
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Booked for a few nights in the TownPlace Suites by Marriott in Sunnyvale CA. My company recently moved to the area and I was looking for a reasonable location to lie my head. When my company travel site recommended the TownPlace at a fairly low price (for Bay Area), I was a bit nervous. Add to that the location (El Camino thru SNVL) and I was stressing.

But it's a Marriott and I trust the brand.

What a pleasant surprise! While not a 4* or anything close, the location is better than expected, tucked back away from El Camino, facing Bernardo. The rooms were VERY spacious and well appointed. The bed was outstanding and the room noise was relatively low, even with an older style AC unit in the wall.

There is even underground parking for those times when it's raining outside. Seemed that few of the guests knew this when I was there as most parked on the surface rather than park below and take a convenient elevator to their floor.

Efficient, if not overly friendly staff got me to my room in a hurry. Sparse breakfast in the morning (it's free and worth every penny), and a nice warm cookie in the evening make up the meals offered. There is a small store off the lobby that has a few things that can be warmed up in the small kitchen that my room had - microwave, full fridge, 2-burner top, coffee maker (regular size), utensils and plates/bowls/glasses. Very nice for longer stays which I anticipate in my future.

I give this place a B+ - perfect location for SNVL based companies like mine, decent location off El Camino, VERY good price compared to other hotels, and a nice new room.

Room Tip: Get a room facing AWAY from the street. Mine was VERY quiet and void of any street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2011

First, this is one of the cleaner Towneplace Suites I have stayed in. Staff was overall helpful. However, the cheaper per night cost of stay brings with it the type of clientele that is absolutely inconsiderate of those around them. Here let me give you just a few examples for my three night stay:

Night #1- Guest decided to park literally about a foot from the passenger's side of my car. (car's wheels were literally over the white divider line) I could NOT access my passenger door and had to climb through the driver's side. There was a Christmas party at one of the suites, and I figured it was one of the (drunk) guests, but it was actually someone staying here the whole weekend.

Night #1,2,3- Guests upstairs were stomping around. Now hotel etiquette has taught me than when staying upstairs, always ALWAYS thread lightly in consideration of the guests directly below. Unfortunately, I figure, the hotel guests above me didn't just NOT thread lightly, IT seeems they were redecorating the place.

Night #2,3- Someone decided to cook Indian food in the hotel room nearby, and as such we ALL got the strong smell of curry. Again, in a hotel with a kitchenette, I was always taught NEVER to cook any strong food because of the proximity of other rooms. BUT walking around thru the hall the last two nights was like walking around an Indian restaurant. For some, that would be a plus, but the strong smell of Indian food made my stay absolutely unpleasant.

I know that I'm coming across as a hotel snob. Trust me though, because i've stayed at so many different properties, I've learned to be considerate AND follow certain unwritten rules. When I've stayed at the higher end Marriott properties catering to business travelers, I've never seem to have a problem. Unfortunately, this Marriott property caters to the type of clientele THAT may not be as experienced in being considerate of their 'immediate surroundings' and as such made my own experience ONE that i'd like to Forget. My recommendation if you are looking for a Marriott property around the area, try the Residence Inn Mountain View about 3 Miles NOrth on El Camino. It will cost a bit extra, but it's more than worth it when considering the minuses of this Towneplace Suites.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jzguru
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I often travel to Mountain View and this place is great for short and/or long-term business travel. Convenient and close to freeway. Front desk always nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2011

This place is very convinient and reasonable if you are visiting Stanford. Hotels are very expensive in Palo Alto and if you don't mind a short drive along El Camino Real, this hotel is great. Here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
- Price
- Clean and decent room size
- Location (just off of 85)

Cons:
- Breakfast area and reception are exceptionally small
- Two rest rooms open right into the breakfast room and there is even a breakfast table infront of mens room door! I know they are trying to utilize space, however this is poor design and poor taste period.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I stayed here for one night while helping family members move from CA to OR. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable! The friendly front desk staff was very helpful with local directions. There is a Safeway right across the street which is great for travelers spending a few days here. We did not use the kitchenette in the room, but everything was clean and appeared user-friendly. Our room was very quiet. Nice!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple