“Very good sushi, a little overpriced”

Seto Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #57 of 397 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 5 February 2016

I ordered pieces a-la-carte off the menu, and was pretty happy with the quality of the fish and presentation. It is my own fault that I wasn't paying too close attention to the prices as I ordered. By the time I was full, I had racked up a $50 bill.
That's not as bad as it sounds. I have been known to pay more for a great plate of food, but this wasn't that caliber of food.
Very good, but keep the menu to see the prices and watch yourself.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I am visiting this place since almost 25 years on a regular basis during my business trips to the area. I haven't been in the area for nearly six years. So I was really looking forward to revisit Seto with my family (wife and two 3.5 and 5.5 years old sons) and meet some of my old contacts. Unfortunately
all the customer facing staff members had changed. However, the new ones are as friendly and attentive as the old ones.The interior has been slightly updated but still a very simple modern straight forward Japanese design.
So we ordered a de luxe sushi plate as well as a large sashimi moriawase. The fish could not be fresher. It melted in our mouths. My 5 year old son got excited as his parents did (see his comments on "Sushi Confidential " in Campbell) Having had sushi in many different places around the globe I had to return to Seto after almost six years to be reminded what a perfect sushi and sashimi looks and tastes like.
The sevice was impeccable, fast and without flaw. The boys even got a bottle of Calpico each (a Japanese milk based soft drink) as a gift when we left.
If you really want outstanding Japanese cuisine, specifically sushi and sashimi you MUST visit this place. It is not cheap but worth every single cent!

1  Thank rudik2011
Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

I went there a couple of times with my staff for lunch. They offer bento boxes with 2 and 3 items. I chose the tempura, sashimi and beef teriyaki! Everything was perfect! Great location with great quality food.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

We had not been to Seto for the past five years or so, but after our favorite sushi place in Sunnyvale closed end of last year, we had been testing quite a few sushi restaurants in Sunnyvale, and finally went back to Seto.

We found Seto be a little quieter (early on a Wednesday night) than what we were used to but otherwise little change. We sat at the bar, and the sushi chef and the rest of the staff were very attentive, friendly and quick.

Sushi itself was excellent and fresh, and the menu very much in tune with what we like (the more traditional approach to sushi). Overall a very pleasant experience to re-discover our former and new favorite sushi place in Sunnyvale.

Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Went with another couple last night. They were very familiar with this place . . . could advise us what's hot and what's not. I don't do sashimi. But the guys said it was outstanding. I had steak teriyaki. Steak was cooked perfectly. Sauce . . . Unremarkable. Never saw accompanying soup or salad. Veg tempura tasty, crisp, not greasy. Gyoza . . . weird and can't recommend. Pickled veggies OK but skimpy serving for $5. Wine list indicates Kendall Jackson Chardonnay and Merlot available by glass . . . $7.50 & $8.50 respectively. Alas . . . no such luck! Woodbridge Chardonnay and Beringer Merlot. Same price, however. All in all . . . spendy . . . Would I go back? Nope.