“Poor service and average food.”

Seto Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #83 of 382 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 7 November 2016

The first thing we noticed upon being seated was the number of tables with dirty dishes on them that hadn't yet been cleaned. There seemed to only be two people on wait staff that evening, which didn't seem nearly enough.

Our waitress seemed overwhelmed and wasn't particularly welcoming. We ordered a combination plate that included ice cream for dessert, and when that took a while to come out and we asked about it, our waitress told us that it wasn't part of the combination meal but was on the house. The ice cream took so long to come out we almost left before it arrived.

The tuna that came with our combination meal seemed to be of lower quality, and the other parts of combination dinner weren't memorable. I would not return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

How many Bengali Sushi chef do you know? This is a first for me too. Chef is Bengali, Japanese citizen trained by Sushi chefs in Tokyo. His creations are out of this world. Do not expect regular sushi here. He will make you sushi which you have not tasted before and a work of art. Other food is great too. Hosts/Owners will take care of you. Go with open mind and empty stomach. You will be delighted

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I remember I went to the restaurant before and liked their tempura. The most recent visit was a complete disappointment.

The service is very slow, the waitress did not know how the lunch special works and misled us. When we finally got our miso soup served after 30 minutes waiting, it was cold already.

The portion is small, nothing is up to my standard of good Japanese food. The only positive is the free mocha ice-cream after lunch.

I will not go back again.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

I ordered pieces a-la-carte off the menu, and was pretty happy with the quality of the fish and presentation. It is my own fault that I wasn't paying too close attention to the prices as I ordered. By the time I was full, I had racked up a $50 bill.
That's not as bad as it sounds. I have been known to pay more for a great plate of food, but this wasn't that caliber of food.
Very good, but keep the menu to see the prices and watch yourself.

Reviewed 13 November 2015

I am visiting this place since almost 25 years on a regular basis during my business trips to the area. I haven't been in the area for nearly six years. So I was really looking forward to revisit Seto with my family (wife and two 3.5 and 5.5 years old sons) and meet some of my old contacts. Unfortunately
all the customer facing staff members had changed. However, the new ones are as friendly and attentive as the old ones.The interior has been slightly updated but still a very simple modern straight forward Japanese design.
So we ordered a de luxe sushi plate as well as a large sashimi moriawase. The fish could not be fresher. It melted in our mouths. My 5 year old son got excited as his parents did (see his comments on "Sushi Confidential " in Campbell) Having had sushi in many different places around the globe I had to return to Seto after almost six years to be reminded what a perfect sushi and sashimi looks and tastes like.
The sevice was impeccable, fast and without flaw. The boys even got a bottle of Calpico each (a Japanese milk based soft drink) as a gift when we left.
If you really want outstanding Japanese cuisine, specifically sushi and sashimi you MUST visit this place. It is not cheap but worth every single cent!

1  Thank rudik2011