“Excellent sushi”

Seto Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #111 of 380 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 30 December 2016

This review is for take-out food.
We ordered 5 rolls of sushi and 1 vegetarian platter.
I would not order the miso soup again- a bit too salty for my taste. However, the sushi quality and flavor was very high, and I would definitely go again. Also highly recommend the rolls wrapped in soybean wrap.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The first thing we noticed upon being seated was the number of tables with dirty dishes on them that hadn't yet been cleaned. There seemed to only be two people on wait staff that evening, which didn't seem nearly enough.

Our waitress seemed overwhelmed and wasn't particularly welcoming. We ordered a combination plate that included ice cream for dessert, and when that took a while to come out and we asked about it, our waitress told us that it wasn't part of the combination meal but was on the house. The ice cream took so long to come out we almost left before it arrived.

The tuna that came with our combination meal seemed to be of lower quality, and the other parts of combination dinner weren't memorable. I would not return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

How many Bengali Sushi chef do you know? This is a first for me too. Chef is Bengali, Japanese citizen trained by Sushi chefs in Tokyo. His creations are out of this world. Do not expect regular sushi here. He will make you sushi which you have not tasted before and a work of art. Other food is great too. Hosts/Owners will take care of you. Go with open mind and empty stomach. You will be delighted

Reviewed 13 July 2016

I remember I went to the restaurant before and liked their tempura. The most recent visit was a complete disappointment.

The service is very slow, the waitress did not know how the lunch special works and misled us. When we finally got our miso soup served after 30 minutes waiting, it was cold already.

The portion is small, nothing is up to my standard of good Japanese food. The only positive is the free mocha ice-cream after lunch.

I will not go back again.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

I ordered pieces a-la-carte off the menu, and was pretty happy with the quality of the fish and presentation. It is my own fault that I wasn't paying too close attention to the prices as I ordered. By the time I was full, I had racked up a $50 bill.
That's not as bad as it sounds. I have been known to pay more for a great plate of food, but this wasn't that caliber of food.
Very good, but keep the menu to see the prices and watch yourself.