“Great service and a helluva dinner!”
Review of Fish House Vera Cruz - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2013

My party ordered yellow tail & the thresher shark I ordered the cajun style jumbo grilled prawns...I had the opportunity to sample a bite from each, all of it was really flavorful. My favorite were the prawns :) super jumbo and superbly delectable. Grilled to perfection!

The only dish that we were not crazy about was the Oysters Rockefeller! Too much cheese per oyster, so overwhelming one could hardly taste the oyster. The spinach portion was great, the cheese killed the dish. Besides that, everything else was fantastic so we were all very content with our meals.

Their fresh bread is insanely good, it was steaming hot and moist, it had a chewy yummy texture...great prelude to our meal.

If you prefer a punch of aromatic spices and flavors, I highly recommend the cajun style "anything". It has a perfect balance of heat and spices it just gives the seafood that added pop, they cook it to perfection.

To boot our waitress was fantastic! She was super friendly, personable and stayed consistently attentive throughout without being overly intrusive.

GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Reviewed 24 May 2013

Not for from The hotels in Temecula. Food as great but pricey fish tanks all around. Service was good. Visited on a Tuesday so not a big crowd. Wild return

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Stumbled on this gem at 8pm and enjoyed the wonderful restaurant. Atmosphere, staff and food, etc. You can watch the cooks prepare your fish through an open window. Aquariums with salt water fish (unfortunately there were very few of only 2 species) surround the restaurant giving entertainment while you eat.
This is a restaurant that should not be overlooked.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The sourdough bread was excellent. The service was attentive and cheerful. However, these could not make up for the short comings of everything else. For the price one would expect nice ambiance, the place not to reek, carpet that isn't threadbare and furniture that isn't dated. Also the view of Ynez and the car lots is sad. The selection of sides is pathetic. The food wasn't prepared well. Overall it is way over priced for what you get. I would expect to pay those prices at a fine seafood restaurant in downtown San Diego or Seattle. This was our second trip to Fish House Vera Cruz. We went to the one in San Marcos previously. Same, same and we won't ever go back. Red Lobster has a better atmosphere, better prepared food and at a lower price.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

I will keep this short and sweet. Been going to Fish House Vera Cruz since it opened. I have NEVER had a bad meal, and satisfied. Great selection of fresh fish, wonderful Sourdough Rolls, and the Clam Chowder is simply delicious! I call or stop by when it's Ceviche time at my house. You can't find Halibut any fresher than there.

1  Thank ImGeorge