“Lovely Ride”

A Grape Escape Balloon Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: A Grape Escape Balloon Adventure offers surnise hot air balloon rides daily over the Temecula Valley wine country in Southern California. One hour scenic flights include champagne, orange juice, continental breakfast, souvenir certificare and two for one wine tasting.
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We had a party of 8 doing this excursion. Everything went like clockwork from check in to lift off to landing. The weather was perfection, very little wind which allowed for smooth sailing. The lack of wind didn't allow us to travel far, however the beautiful clear sky offered great views. The landing was absolutely amazing as the pilot was able (with an assist from the ground crew) to land this enormous basket on the trailer that it was removed from earlier. No small feat as this basket weighed 1,500 pounds. The pilot was engaging and knowledgeable with his narrative during the flight. The only reason I can't give it a 5 rating is the comfort issue, we had 15 people cramped in this basket. It was hard to take photos and to not invade somebodies personal space.

All reviews
"my birthday"
in 5 reviews
"wonderful ride"

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I've taken two flights with Rusty, myself; and, just recently sent some friends on a balloon ride with A Grape Escape. My friends were a little hesitant before taking the flight (which I'm sure most people can relate to) but I assured them that A Grape Escape is the best company to fly with. I can honestly say that after personally having had bad experiences with other balloon companies.

A Grape Escape has always been a smooth ride. The communication from them before the day of your flight is great, and they go the extra mile to make the experience special by sometimes letting you do photos while they blow up the balloon. They have a cute little champagne toast at Europa Cellars before the day is done. I love this company!

(PS - dress in layers. It gets COLD up in the air)

1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed 18 September 2017

My girlfriend and I went hot air ballooning this past Sunday morning and truly enjoyed ourselves. Rusty, the Owner, was our pilot and he sure made sure we had a wonderful ride. Even though the clouds were low and we didn't get much above 700 feet, it was an unforgettable experience!
I would highly recommend Grape Escape for anyone looking for memorable aeronaut experience.

Tip: We booked for a Sunday morning and we only had 4 riders (plus the pilot) in the basket; it seems Sundays are less busy than Saturdays.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic time on our balloon ride with The Grape Escape. Bill and his crew were fantastic. We had to travel outside of the valley to get away from the morning fog. The crew found a place for us to start of trip. Once airborne, the journey is true serenity. We had 15 people on our journey. Bill made sure to answer everybody's question and provided a great explanation of everything that was happening. Afterwards, you are served champagne, fruit, and pastries. I highly recommend The Grape Escape.

1  Thank Tom M
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2017

I'm an Uber driver in Temecula and just had to share this story. I picked up a group of three life long friends who were in Temecula enjoying the wineries and as you guessed a Hot Air Balloon ride with Grape Escape. I had the pleasure of not only driving them to this adventure but also got to pick them up from it and let me tell you there are not enough superlatives to go around for how much they enjoyed themselves. Their laughter and teasing of each other was hilarious and definitely makes me feel like I need to book a trip. They kept telling me you have to do this at least once and add it to your bucket list

2  Thank cendris22