“Nice Italian restaurant could be improved with minor changes”
Review of Palumbo's Ristorante - CLOSED

Palumbo's Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2017

First, my date and I had a very good meal, with above average service, at Palumbo's. We dined "grazing" style - ordering a series of items and sharing them. The fried zucchini was the best I've ever had - light and perfectly cooked. The Caesar salad was so-so. The spaghetti with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes was very good (could have been great with a bit more garlic and olive oil), as was the eggplant parmesan. The cannoli was good. All of the items were delivered to the table in a timely manner and with a smile.

While Palumbo's is billed as a family restaurant, we saw no children there on a Saturday night - just couples and small adult groups. I mention this because the table ambience appeared to be unnecessarily aimed at "families" - no table setting or cloth, no candle (tho outdoor tables seemed to have them), a shaker for parmesan cheese. I mention this because the addition of some cloth placemats, a lit candle, an offer to provide ground pepper for the salad and hand-grated cheese for the entrees would have made it a MUCH better date night experience.

One other thing: The noise level inside the restaurant is high; I often had difficult understanding my companion across a small table. If I return, I would ask to be seated outside - the street noise is much lower.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

This Italian restaurant is located in Old Town and offers a number of Italian dishes. The food is fantastic, not greasy, excellent service and the prices reasonable. Have not been disappointed yet. I bring my friends from out of town to Palumbos because of the quality of the food.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

We had two kids (ages 10 and 8) with us and they "liked" the menu and so we eat there (after a 10-15 minute wait without reservations and at the height of the dinner hour). The place was very busy. The four adults had a variety of "traditional" Italian selections: Lasagna; Linguine with Clams;Cheese Ravioli and pepperoni Pizza. The children had Pizza Margherita and plain Angel Hair pasta. For desert we shared a Cannoli (definitely not Sicilian, but OK) and Tiramisu. There we two large tables that had ordered just as we were seated but our service was very good. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Just had lunch at Palumbo's. It's very hot and crowded on Front Street. So nice to just stroll up 5th Street to cool, quiet place with delicious food and friendly servers. We go to Palumbo's often and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

Food was amazing and the service was warm and attentive. Really enjoyed the small, cozy atmosphere. Highly recommended!