“Wanted it to be Better”

Templeton Pizza
Ranked #20 of 27 Restaurants in Templeton
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Tired of Domino's, Fatte's, etc., so decided to go upscale (the prices here run about $20 for a large pizza and $10-$12 for Greek entrees) and try Templeton Pizza. Tried the pizza one trip and their Greek food on a second trip. The pizza was just okay. The meat pizza was good but not significantly better than some less expensive places. The veggie pizza was surprisingly tasteless. The Greek food as just okay, too. I came to like Mediterranean food eating out in Los Angeles. This food, while not bad, did not rise to my hopes or expectations. Unfortunately there is no other Greek or Mediterranean option in this immediate area. I really wanted the food to be excellent...unfortunately while okay it just wasn't great.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

We received a gift certificate for Templeton Pizza and have gone back since. It's good but a bit pricey for pizza. It has a nice family atmosphere with several other options on the menu.

Reviewed 21 January 2016

It's just okay. I wouldn't go back again. I hear their calzones are good bu the pizza was mediocre. You are better to spend a little more and go to Griffs. Too bad because we could use a solid pizza place in Templeton that was consistently good and affordable.

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

This place was near where I was staying in Templeton and while it had only two TA reviews both were positive. There are a number of tables but the restaurant was chilly and unimpressive even by pizza parlor standards. It was a Sunday night and were no other customers. It appeared as though their business was primarily delivery oriented. Rather than eat in uncomfortable conditions I opted for takeout.

They offered a variety of specialty pizzas, several of which were enticing. However, these selections were limited to larger sized pizzas. Since I was alone and couldn't handle a big pizza, I had to go with a "build-your-own" pie. I chose Canadian bacon and sausage. The pizza had a good, thick crust and the meat toppings were generous. But the sauce had an odd, bitter taste that I didn't care for and the sausage was a bit spicy for my taste. All in all a pretty average pizza not a great deal different than most chain parlors.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

The pizza is just to my liking, fresh ingredients, thick crust, and simply scrumptious. I've not had any of their other menu items, but they do have Greek food as well. A fun place to hang out with pool tables. Just plan ahead. The pizzas are not done quickly, as any good pizza shouldn't be. If you are going to dine in, prepare to wait awhile.