“Home style hot and Tasty North Indian cuisine”

Angara Indian Restaurant
Ranked #258 of 555 Restaurants in Torrance
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 19 May 2015

This Hotel serves tasty north Indian food, Vegetarian and Non vegetarian. I opted Veg. and tasted Breads , hot Tandoori with Lentils. It also offers Veg Tikka Masala, Matar Paneer, bhindi Masala, Lunch buffet is good. I also tasted Home Salad and Tomato soup which is good. Lunch Buffet is Mon- Friday from 11am - 2:30pm. The place is compact which can seat around 50 , very neatly decorated. The staffs were polite. Economically Priced. They have parking space.

1  Thank Easwarin

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant yesterday and I have to say that I was really surprised on the quality of the food. Don't go by the outside appearance of this restaurant, the food was really...really good, especially the Kadahai Chicken and Ghobi Manchurian. Prices were very reasonable for the LA area and it was nice and clean.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

I came here with a client and a business colleague for the lunch buffet. Once I tasted the food my biggest fear was eating too much. It was like being back in Edison, NJ where I lived among the large Indian community. The service was great and there is "hidden" parking in the back. Since I eat mainly vegetarian and fish, this place was perfect. I will try the dinner in the near future as I heard that their marinated fish is the best.

1  Thank Alex080856
Reviewed 20 March 2013

If you are looking for some well-prepared Indian food, Angara is some of the best you can get in the South Bay area. The folks who run the place are very friendly and accommodating too…

We’ve tried several dishes and they have been really good, but the Chicken Makhani ("butter chicken") and their plain na’an are outstanding.

However, I advise you not to start dipping your na’an into their makhani sauce. Once started, you will be unable to stop yourself from eating massive quantities of it and the waistband of your pants will never forgive you…

I would recommend Angara to anyone in the South Bay looking for some excellent Indian cuisine…

1  Thank chrisb_in_MI
Reviewed 7 January 2013

This restaurant saves me whenever i go to Redondo Beach that is why the title SOS.
I ate there a few times and took the Marinated fish home with me. I go
there for the Marinated fish.
The last time i was there, they were closing early because they had to go to
the market, it was Christmas day, so there was only the buffet.
I had their buffet and it was fine and reasonably priced at either 9 or 10 dollars for a nice buffet.
The bathroom was not clean that day and the back door is dirty, they both
need to be cleaned.

Service is fine and it is a friendly place.