US$149
US$177
US$219
US$211
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe concierge loungedel amo mallconcierge teamfashion mallgood sizemall across the streetoutside seatingnice hotelwould stay here againhigh floorself parkingnice lobbybig mallredondo beachlobby areaplatinum membercomfortable beds
Reviewed 23 September 2017

At the Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach your first impression is a lasting impression. A guest is greeted by a spacious tastefully decorated lobby with high ceilings creating a feeling of excellent quality. The room was clean, fresh, the bed was firm and comfortable. There was no street noise.

The Torrance is definitely a cut above most other motels and a customer truly gets more than he or she pays for. A good bang for the buck.

Excellent location and convenient parking.

Room Tip: Upper floors have views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This Marriott has been completely refurbished recently and is very modern, airy and light inside. They have a great bar and casual dining restaurant in the lobby which was bustling and the bartenders were great. The room was pretty standard for a newer Marriott with decent technology and a comfortable bed. It's central in Torrance, not far from LAX and not too far from the beach. It's also adjacent to a huge mall called Del Amo with a Nordstrom and Macy's and millions of other stores.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I stayed here when attending the Power-Con convention, which takes place annually at this hotel. Overall this is a nice hotel- very comfortable and spacious rooms, friendly and helpful staff, superb views from the windows and private balconies, good en-suite bathrooms and TVs with Internet facilities in each room.

I was generally impressed by how helpful the staff were, particularly with the lady who ran the bar. I had stopped at the bar just for a cup of tea before attending one of the panels at the convention, and not only did she provide me with some additional free bites to eat, but she instructed one of the other bar staff to get me a plastic cup I could pour my drink into so I could take it into the panel room instead of rushing my drink (I hadn't told her that's where I was going, but she had guessed and took extra measures to help out!)!

There are one or two areas for improvement- one is that I think the restaurant could benefit from more staff at key mealtimes, as when I did ask to eat there, after being seated no-one had approached me to take my order after more than ten minutes, and knowing I would only be rushing my meal if I stayed (I had to get to a panel at the convention) I had no choice but to abandon my table without placing an order so as not to end up rushing. Had someone served me right after I'd been seated, I could have avoided this. I have been told the food served in the restaurant is excellent, but unfortunately I did not get to sample it on this particular occasion.

Another area for improvement is Wi-Fi- the guest Wi-Fi works when in any of the rooms (and works very well) but does not function at all when you're on the ground floor. Given that I spent a lot of time on the ground floor as that's where the convention was held, this was a slight inconvenience and I don't see why this can't be changed so the guest Wi-Fi can function on the ground floor as well.

The drinks served did seem slightly too expensive as well, though this wasn't too major a deal.

These are just small points for improvement and I think if these are taken into consideration this hotel will really give its customers the full value for their money. Otherwise a very pleasant and comfortable hotel with nice rooms and a very relaxing courtyard area, and staff who do look out for their guests- I definitely recommend this place for anyone travelling for either business or leisure purposes.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Being an old member with Marriott - i generally get served well and always have less to complain :-)

The hotel is very conveniently located right opposite to the Del Amo Shopping Centre which means not only plenty of shopping choices but also Plenty of choices to eat within walking distance to the hotel.

The staff here are super helpful and friendly - The rooms are a bit dated but the concierge club floor makes up for all.

Room Tip: Do not choose the rooms facing the pool on lower floors
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Stayed here at the end of August 2017. I left my car with valet as difference between self parking and valet was only a dollar. The hotel is very convenient to shopping as it is just across the street from a big shopping mall. Plenty of choices to eat within walking distance to the hotel. There were many international airline crews staying here which made check in during the later afternoon time quite busy. The rooms are much smaller than other Marriott hotels I've stayed in. Upon entering the room, the tv was already on with a greeting with my name on it to tell me what my tv options were.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo