“Was OK... kind of”

Smokey's Kitchen
Ranked #31 of 118 Restaurants in Truckee
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I had their big club salad. The very aged limp lettuce was soaked in dressing. I could still taste the wilted old lettuce taste you all know when your lettuce has seen better days. Pulled pork was almost candied. I guess I like to taste my meat, not all the sugar coating the meet. It was over all OK. Very over priced! Will not come back.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

The food at Smokey's was 4 Star. We had the pulled pork sandwich which was delicious. BUT, and a big but, the service was awful. We waited over an hour for 2 sandwiches after waiting in line to order for 20 minutes. We wanted some cornbread and a biscuit after our original order which required waiting in line again and then we gave up after waiting an additional 30 minutes for them to be delivered. The staff were mostly under 16 yrs old, but the older servers were completely clueless as well. So, a 2 hour dinner for 2 sandwiches.

Great food, but YOU REALLY GOT TO WANT IT!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

We eat here when visiting the Truckee area. Nice atmosphere, extensive menu, and nice people. The food is always excellent. Share a meal if you are on a budget!!!!

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped for lunch being very hungry after kayaking on Donner Lake. The service was fast and the food was delicious. The woman who took care of us (took our orders and brought us our food) was as hospitable as can be. The menu is varied both in price and in selection.

We'd go back in a heartbeat next time we're in Truckee.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

This little place has the best food. The breakfast menu has a variety to choose from. The coffee was a great blend and piping hot. It has tables and a bar that you can sit at. The waiter was very friendly.